Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and providing students a pathway to economic mobility through career and post-secondary success? Then Philadelphia Academies Inc is the place for you! Since 1969, Philadelphia Academies has partnered with Philadelphia Schools and local businesses to transform students’ experiences through relevant career-connected learning that makes them ready for both college and career. We primarily serve students of color from disadvantaged/low-income backgrounds who attend underserved and under-resourced middle and high schools in the city of Philadelphia. We do this through offering direct career-connected educational programs to students, increasing the capacity of teachers, and partnering with employers and industry to offer real world learning and career opportunities.
The Fund Development Specialist works to raise funds through corporate and business development while simultaneously raising awareness and support for PAI through effective marketing and communications. This role is a key part of PAI’s sustainability plan, focusing on recruiting unrestricted corporate funding to support every aspect of PAI’s programs. This position will work closely with the President/CEO in establishing relationships with potential corporate funders and nurturing those relationships to ensure new/continued funding streams. This position is also responsible for PAI’s marketing strategy which may include, but is not limited to, production of marketing collateral, external communications, oversite of the PAI website, brand refinement, social media presence, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fund Development (approximately 70% of position)
• Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers for corporate donors and corporate EITC Tax Credit contacts, ensuring the growth of unrestricted revenue from these sources, with a particular focus on recruiting new corporate funding partnerships.
• Continually explore new funding prospects in corporate spheres, creating briefing sheets as requested.
• Work closely with the President/CEO to meet with current and potential corporate funders to elevate awareness and interest in the programs of PAI and secure financial support.
• In partnership with the President/CEO, develop and maintain a three-year fund development plan focused on corporate revenue. Monetary funding goals will be set yearly in consultation with the President/CEO.
• Represent Philadelphia Academies, Inc. at local events as relevant to our philanthropic efforts.
• Maintain all support materials and electronic files necessary for ETIC/corporate fundraising.
• Lead and manage all Board and Corporate sponsorship activity of PAI’s annual fundraising Gala, in addition to participation on the Gala Committee and partnering with other staff on event planning and execution.
Marketing (approximately 30% of position)
• Develop, implement and continually assess a Marketing and Communication Plan for PAI that includes, but is not limited to; external communications, marketing collateral, brand development, newsletters, annual mailing appeal, etc.
• Strategically plan, maintain, and post to all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
• Upgrade, maintain and continually update our website, posting new information and refreshing content throughout the year.
• Collaborate with PAI staff to understand all PAI’s programming, so as to enable clear storytelling and communication with partners and supporters.
• Manage external communications to ensure consistency of language and messaging. Create, edit, and/or partner with others to develop marketing collateral for the organization as needed.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the non-profit and/or education sector or professional related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new funding partners.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Preferred Knowledge and Personal Attributes:
• Experience working with Senior level Executives
• Experience with PA’s EITC corporate tax credit program
• Self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, think strategically, problem-solve, work independently, and exercise independent, sound judgment.
• Excellent organizational, project management, and event planning skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Highly motivated team player with a passion to succeed and the ability to be flexible and collaborative.
• $50,000 to $65,000 annually
• Full benefits package including PTO, 401K and medical benefits.
• This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, typically within the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with reasonable flexibility. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Expected to travel locally and within the tri-county area to visit with potential funders and schools (approximately 50% of the position)
Now that you’ve learned about us, we want to learn about you!
Learn more about us at: https://academiesinc.org/
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AcademiesInc/
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/academiesinc/
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate(s) in this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
How To Apply
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org