This position will be part of Susan G. Komen HQ focusing on the NY territory
Help develop an individual, major gift and planned giving program by building key relationships with philanthropists, volunteers, advocates and supporters; leveraging Komen’s global mission, programs and initiatives to attract major & planned giving donors and gifts. Develop strategies to grow and expand Komen’s major & planned giving opportunities through special fundraising events and meetings. Work closely with the organization’s leadership team to meet financial goals through recruiting and engaging supporters.
• Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding a yearly income goal focusing on donors who are capable of making gifts of $10,000 and above.
• Develop and staff a fundraising leadership committee of high level volunteers to assist in identifying, soliciting and stewarding donor prospects to meet agreed upon goals
• Provide leadership and direct the execution of major gift fundraising cultivation and stewardship events and activities such as luncheons or fundraising salons working with other team members as necessary
• Develop and execute on the best individual strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition to build and maintain unique donor relationships.
• Identify new opportunities for major gifts and planned gifts through proactive prospecting as well as ongoing cultivation of Komen’s current major funders.
• Work closely with the research, community programs, global initiatives and public policy teams to ensure deep understanding of opportunities for engaging major philanthropists.
• Prepare strategy, briefings, and proposals for face-to-face meetings with donors conducted by senior staff or volunteer leadership.
• Leverage Komen's Sr. Leadership, Board members and, President/CEO effectively and efficiently in managing relationships and soliciting major donors.
• Work with the VP Collaborative Revenue to support an active planned giving marketing and engagement program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field plus 5 or more years of development experience in a professional capacity.
• Experience setting ambitious goals and delivering results in closing gifts.
• Thorough understanding of nonprofit and philanthropic sector.
• Experience in nonprofit health sector or a desire to quickly become knowledgeable about the key issues and players in health reform.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of constituents.
• Demonstrated success aligning diverse stakeholders around a common vision or objective.
• Exceptional listener with ability to understand the needs and motivations of others, find common ground and build trust with internal and external stakeholders, and synthesize a wide range of information into compelling narratives.
• Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent writing and communications skills.
• Comfortable working with and interpreting financial statements, budgets, and spreadsheets, as well as power point presentations.
• Strong organizational and project management skills. Adaptable to growing, fast-paced, diverse, results oriented culture.
• Must be available to travel in multiple states on a regular basis.
• Prefer 7+ years directly related experience and working knowledge of Planned Giving a plus.
• Master's degree in Non-Profit Management Development.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
• Must have knowledge of how to manage donors such as moves management and the ability to utilize Salesforce database to manage all donor relationships.
• High level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.