This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter with a passion for balancing and aligning the growth, development, and personal needs of staff with the business needs of the organization to join our team as People & Culture Coordinator, a new position for KAN-WIN!
This role provides administrative, benefits administration, and recruitment support, and will serve as the first line of support to employees. Along with the Operations Coordinator, People & Culture Coordinator support staff by helping to ensure a consistent, fair, positive, and equitable workplace for all.
KAN-WIN’s mission is to eradicate gender-based violence, including domestic violence and sexual assault, especially for women and children across Asian American communities and beyond through culturally competent services, community engagement, and advocacy. To learn more about our programs, go to www.kanwin.org.
Studies have shown that women, nonbinary folks, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work, and that’s okay! We strongly encourage all interested candidates to apply.
- Manage the employee life cycle:
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applications; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Implement new hire on-boarding including benefits
- Ensure staff job descriptions and information are reviewed and updated regularly
- Manage off-boarding process, including exit interviews and benefits termination
- Support the staff experience:
- Implement employee recognition programs and manage employee engagement activities
- Handle employment-related inquiries or grievances from applicants and employees, and refer matters to appropriate staff and mediate effectively
- Assist in development of HR policies
- Lead the organization to imbed an organizational culture of equity and inclusion:
- Take initiative to craft and implement organization-wide equity and inclusion strategies
- Build a work environment that prioritizes open communication and collaboration for employee satisfaction
- Keep track of training requirements for staff
- HR generalist/administrative:
- Ensure compliance with requirements for I-9 documentation, background check, etc.
- Maintain HR records and employment tracking documents
- Serve as primary liaison for external HR sites such as Zenefits
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development
- Preferred: two years of relevant experience in supporting benefits administration, payroll processing, performance management, and the recruitment process
- Ability and/or eagerness to bridge cultural/linguistic/generational/educational and other differences with team members and across departments
- Empathetic listening and excellent communications & interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to KAN-WIN’s mission, values, and goals to enhance culturally & linguistically competent services and programming
- Hybrid working environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Entry level: $40,318~$46,440 DOE. Both title and compensation open to adjustment for candidates with previous experience.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- 12 Paid holidays with floating holidays
- 19 Paid-time offs for first year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Hybrid working environment
To apply, send the following to email@example.com. Please specify “Application for People & Culture Coordinator” in subject line, and attach the following materials:
- A list of three references
How To Apply
Please send a resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.