Meteor Learning is a leader in the creation and delivery of superior industry-aligned programs in partnership with post-secondary institutions to address critical workforce skill gaps and extend career opportunities for working professionals. Led by seasoned educational technology and service executives, Meteor Learning is a high-growth, well-capitalized educational services and technology provider with deep expertise in serving the needs of adult learners.
Meteor Learning presents a compelling solution that generates an unprecedented return for post-secondary institutions, employers and working professionals - driving enrollments for institutions with differentiated workforce aligned degrees, closing skills gaps for employers, and supporting career progression for working professionals. Meteor Learning’s mission is to put students first, and provide education that drives life changing career opportunities for adult learner.
Meteor Learning (ML) seeks an experienced and motivated Greater Boston area or Greater New York based sales professional to expand awareness and interest in a portfolio of high quality online early childhood and K-12 education graduate programs on behalf of ML’s Education Partner, a top provider of education masters degrees and teacher/administrator professional development with a proven and differentiated approach located in New York City.
The primary role of the Partnership Manager is to identify and cultivate productive relationships with school districts, state education agencies, charter management organizations, professional associations for teachers and school leaders, and national and regional education organizations with the goal of driving engagement and interest in the programs and services offered by ML’s Education Partner.
Engagement includes but is not limited to closing contracts with new district or school partners, developing opportunities to promote Educational Partner online programs and professional development services within districts and schools. The ongoing activities associated with the role include strong collaboration with Education Partner, selling to key decision makers via phone, in-person or at conferences, presenting the value of the programs in addressing crucial skill gaps for partners’ employees or members, developing success plans that define promotional activities with school/district partners and closing new partnership contracts. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial business relationships, present compelling presentations, develop thoughtful proposals, and close business contracts and MOUs with different types of organizations.
- Independently calling on mid to senior-level school and district leaders and other representatives via phone, in-person and at conferences to understand needs, position the value of programs in addressing employer skill gaps, delivering presentations and generating new partnerships with industry and key professional
- Writing and overseeing effective partnership success and engagement plans. Success plans define the promotional activities with Employer Partners that drive interest/leads for program enrollment at the Education Partner.
- Partnering with ML’s Education Partner to identify opportunities for provide district/school services broadly including, but not limited to, professional development consulting.
- Partnering with internal ML Engagement team to coordinate resources for the successful implementation of Employer Partner success and engagement
- Strong collaboration and relationship mapping with Education Partner professional development team and identification of potential opportunities for expanded Employer Partner opportunities at Education Partner for research and/or professional development.
- Owning the responsibility to meet and exceed monthly and annual lead
- Tracking and reporting of pipeline
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic and revenue-driven relationships with early childhood and K-12 executives
- Demonstrated experience in higher education, teacher certification, and/or school leader preparation
- A keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle in the education sector and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, apply an assertive, competitive approach to the work, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the value of programs to meet those requirements
- Highly-developed relationship-building skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with an understanding of how to adjust message for a variety of audiences and an ability to effectively communicate the compelling nature of an investment opportunity to potential clients and supporters.
- Proficiency working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales or business development targets, particularly in early childhood and/or K-12 education
- Highly strategic mindset, including the demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans for growth and reach those goals.
- Comfortable with collaborative, forward thinking, high growth environments
- An independent “roll up your sleeves” approach
- Depth of understanding of teacher education and professional development approaches
- Experience with state teaching licensure requirements
- Travel estimated at 40%, with extensive New York area and some national travel to prospective partner locations and key industry conferences
- Location should be in either the Greater Boston area or Greater New York area
- Base salary plus bonus based on achievement of targets
How To Apply
Please email resume and contact information to Donna Ritchie, COO, Meteor Learning at email@example.com