Do you love working with people? Are you inspired by work where you can make a difference in the lives of others? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of serving 90 million meals to our community by 2018! The Outreach Office Associate (Bilingual –Spanish) will participate in the efforts aimed to raise awareness and increase enrollment in federal nutrition programs among low-income communities in Alameda County. The Outreach Office Associate will be responsible for providing office support to a team of committed Outreach staff in a fast-paced environment as well as application assistance to Food Bank clients.
As a member of the Policy and Services team, this position will provide CalFresh application assistance to Food Bank clients. Individual will work with clients on the phone and in-person, prepare CalFresh application packets to mail to clients, perform data entry and collection, follow up with clients by mail or by phone, screen visitors, field calls and assist with case management. A successful candidate will have experience preparing and maintaining various confidential reports, records, and files; training staff and volunteers; and preparing for meetings.
Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization, which has been at the forefront of hunger relief efforts for 30+ years. As one of the most efficient, direct-impact organizations in the country, few nonprofits are as well-respected – or have a bigger impact on the community – than us. We serve 1 in 5 county residents and will provide enough food for 28 million meals this year. We’re forward thinkers who encourage innovation in our work. We’re regularly awarded “Best Nonprofit” in the biggest local surveys. We’re changing lives … we’re proud of our work … and we’re having fun doing it!
• A minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience in the nonprofit or professional services industry.
• High school diploma required.
• Fluency in both English and Spanish.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to complete tasks involving sensitive and confidential information and requiring a high level of attention to detail.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Database management experience.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to speak to and work with people of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds a must.
• Ability to work collaboratively, independently, and to initiate projects.
Personal Attributes and Values
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
• Problem solver with a bias towards action.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances.
This position spends 100 % of time in a shared office environment. It involves sitting and the ability to be on the phone and work at a desk for long periods of time. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job are the ability to 1) sit at a computer workstation for up to five hours at a time; 2) operate computer equipment; 3) communicate in a clear speaking voice in person, before large groups, and over the phone; 3) interpret instructions and questions when asked; 4) move throughout the 118,000 sq. ft. Food Bank facility in performance of duties; and 5) bend, lift, and carry up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
This is a full-time non-exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for a 37.5 hour work week. The hourly wage is $22.29 per hour. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
• Medical (100% coverage for employees, 93% coverage for dependents)
• Dental (100% for employees and their dependents)
• Vision (optional)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (optional)
• Commuter Benefit Account (optional)
• Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance (100% coverage)
• 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
• Employee Assistance Program (100% coverage for employee and dependents)
• Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!
ACCFB equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.