Each C.U.R.E. Community is led by an Operations Director. The primary function of the Operations Director is to recruit, develop and support a team of volunteer leaders, and to oversee the successful management of the transportation, processing and shipping of life saving medical supplies and equipment to the poorest people in the world.
Project C.U.R.E. Distribution Center
8303 Kempwood Dr.
Houston, TX 77055
- The most important element of this position is the ability to recruit and train individuals who can take responsibility to do the work of Project C.U.R.E. The Operations Director must build a team of key volunteers to lead hundreds of other volunteers each month.
- The Operations Director is ultimately responsible for the areas of
- Procurement & Transportation – collecting the medical donations;
- Inspection & Repair – checking the equipment and repair malfunctioning items;
- Processing & Sorting – checking quality of supplies, sorting into categories;
- Inventory & Warehousing – maintaining the supplies and equipment in the warehouse;
- Packing & Shipping – loading the containers.
- The scope of the job is too big for one person to perform without significant assistance from a team of active, involved volunteers.
- A significant amount of the Operations Director’s time will be spent interacting with organizations to recruit volunteers, the recognition of volunteer’s leadership potential, conducting regularly scheduled training sessions and team meetings, and assessing volunteer effectiveness. The Operations Director is the one to motivate and appreciate the volunteers for their efforts.
- The Operations Director is the primary “face” of Project C.U.R.E. with gift-in-kind donors, and must maintain a relationship with hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, wholesale sellers and local manufacturers who give medical supplies and equipment. In addition, the Operations Director is responsible to seek in-kind donations of other materials and equipment for the successful functioning of the warehouse.
- The Operations Director maintains an effective working relationship with the staff at the International Headquarters and the Operations Directors in the other C.U.R.E. Communities by participating in bi-weekly conference calls, sharing “best practices,” attending semi-annual Town Hall meetings. And the Operations Director ensures that key metrics are collected and reports are sent to International Headquarters on a timely basis.
- The Operations Director must ensure that the warehouse is a safe place for visitors, staff and volunteers. Additionally, the Operations Director schedules and executes the necessary maintenance on the trucks and equipment, and notifies the right people for issues with the warehouse building.
- The Operations Director must preferably have knowledge of warehouse operations including inventory management, procurement, logistics and processing.
How To Apply
Email resume to email@example.com