Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.
The Strategic Partnerships (SP) team at Tides is looking for an experienced operations and administration professional to help drive the SP team to optimal efficiency. This is a key role in the organization that works cross-functionally both internally and externally. The function of the Operations Associate is to support the Director of Strategic Partnerships in managing the operations of the team. This role will also support a high-performing team of Advisors by designing, implementing and executing an organized and efficient experience across the new client journey and lifecycle.
This position will serve as an integral part of the SP team’s intake, assessment, and onboarding of all new clients at Tides. The role will be responsible for daily Salesforce administration and weekly reporting of the pipeline, including CEO and Board reporting; general team administration, logistics, special projects; and coordination of team expenses and budgets.
This is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule. This role is based in the San Francisco office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client Intake Operations (40%)
· Aggregate and filter all leads that come through via phone, email, website and internal referral sources and track various leads in Salesforce.
· Serve as the initial point of contact for all prospective new clients until thoroughly transitioned to the Strategic Partnerships Advisor.
· Support Advisors with intake and onboard process, including: collecting related materials from clients, keeping client details organized in Salesforce, MOU generation and Board approvals.
· Manage the success of Tides’ weekly cross-departmental intake meetings, including- scheduling and owning the meeting invites, preparing the weekly intake report for use during the meeting; take and summarize notes including action items from each meeting and support team accountability for deliverables.
· Maintain a close working relationship with internal stakeholders, including colleagues in Finance, Legal, Client Services, HR, Marketing/Communications and Grants teams on behalf of Strategic Partnerships to maintain alignment across all new-business matters.
Insights & Communication (30%)
· Lead all Salesforce administration and reporting for the Strategic Partnerships team including weekly CEO reports, monthly Board reports, ongoing salesforce updates, dashboard updates.
· Monitor and track team projects and regularly communicate team progress towards goals.
· Coordinate quarterly Board report content for Strategic Partnerships standard new business reports.
· Manage opportunity record content updates and maintenance.
· Track department monthly revenue reports.
Team Logistics and Special Projects (30%)
· Ensure a high-functioning team by handling requests swiftly, in a reasonable timeframe and supporting team cohesiveness and effectiveness.
· Serve as liaison to the executive office including supporting quarterly Board meeting deliverables.
· Support the Director of Strategic Partnerships with special projects and administrative assistance as needed.
· Manage the team administration, drive efficiencies and overall health of the SP team and new business processes.
· Plan team meetings, off-sites, morale events and support community events.
· Review and submit department expenses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Enthusiastic about Tides mission, Vision and Approach.
· Strong operations, project management and time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be highly proactive by anticipating the needs of the Director and immediate team members.
· Experience working in a client centered or customer focused work environment.
· Strong aptitude to see and manage varied projects and effectively coordinate across projects to ensure opportunities are leveraged and deadlines are met.
· Ability to diplomatically manage up and across the organization to ensure deliverables are met timely and accurately.
· Knowledge of project management support tools including the ability to evaluate, recommend and implement tools to improve efficiencies.
· Passionate about improving the end-user experience, enjoys working with organization stakeholders and thrives on the challenge of solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
· Self-motivated, team player excited to work in a face-paced environment.
· Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy.
· Ability to be a self-starter and act ahead of direct guidance.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems and eagerness to optimize projects and processes for overall operational efficiency.
· Ability to be resourceful, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive when necessary
· Approachable and can maintain a cool and focused persona under pressure, work within short time constraints, and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations.
· Ability to handle confidential information in a professional & discreet manner.
· Proficiency with Salesforce administration including data extraction and manipulation
· Experience with MS Office Suite, including creating board presentations, visuals, and other graphics that correspond to Excel data sets and pivot tables.
· Proficiency with project management tools and software such as Airtable or other similar tools highly desirable.
· 4 - 7 years of demonstrated operations management or executive assistant experience or similar work experience.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.