Scion Nonprofit Staffing, national nonprofit staffing experts are seeking an experienced Nonprofit Accountant for our client an amazing scientific nonprofit organization in the Cambridge, Massachusetts area. This exciting position works with a terrific Department Manager and is part of an amazing team of motivated and positive professionals. This position is for immediate hire and a full-time onsite position.
- Work in an inclusive and passionate office that respects diverse perspectives.
- Support a talented Finance Manager and work as a team.
- Prepare monthly accounting journal entries, bank reconciliations.
- Provide financial tracking information to the Development Team and budget managers.
- Reconcile general ledger activity and subsidiary accounts.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Ensure accuracy of all expenses, revenue, and activity when each month is closed.
- Assist in tracking, reconciling, and gathering appropriate back-up documentation for incoming donations.
- Assist in organization’s monthly financial closing process and fiscal year-end audit process.
- Work with fundraising staff on reconciling organization’s revenue.
- Assist in the design and usability of the Finance Team’s document SharePoint management and storage system Maintain and update Finance Team procedures/manuals.
- Work for an amazing nonprofit that is devoted to helping advance the protection of the environment, science and global issues.
- Three years of comparable experience in accounting/finance.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
- Wonderful organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience with accounting software; Great Plains Dynamics a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position offers a wonderful opportunity to work for a team and mission that is advancing society and science. This position offers both a base salary and full benefits package component. This position starts at $52,000 to $60,000 DOE for the base, with annual reviews, plus robust benefits package, as well as the ability to feel like you’re making a direct impact across the globe! The full benefits package includes a 403(b) retirement contribution of 8% paid by the organization, generous paid vacation starting at 3 weeks and increasing by time of service up to five weeks, health and dental insurance, sick time, long term disability, life and AD&D Insurance, child care/elder care flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, free employee assistance programs, fitness discounts, and financial services benefits.