Nonprofit media organization Lady Freethinker seeks a part-time staff editor to manage news articles, petitions and other content related to furthering animal rights, human rights and environmental sustainability, with a heavy emphasis on animal issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced editor who is familiar with and passionate about animal-rights issues such as factory farming, puppy mills, animals in entertainment, the dog and cat meat trade and more.
This is a part-time, telecommuting position with a flexible schedule.
- Research compelling topics for LFT content
- Create eye-catching headlines
- Assign topics to writers, and write additional content as needed
- Edit articles for grammar, accuracy and style, using the WordPress platform
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Perform research and outreach for petitions on animal issues
- A proven track record of creating successful online content
- Familiarity with what makes articles compelling to an online audience
- An eye for images that make people click
- The ability to produce accurate, concise and interesting copy
- The ability to spot grammatical, factual and style errors and provide feedback to help writers improve their work
- Knowledge of AP Style
- A deep understanding of the ethics of the animal rights movement
- Familiarity with online activism and knowledge of current trends in this area
- Knowledge of how to grow an online audience to increase readership
About Lady Freethinker:
Lady Freethinker (LFT) is a nonprofit media organization dedicated to exposing and stopping abuse of animals, humans and the planet. We publish news articles and petitions to help end cruelty and promote humane treatment of all species. We go beyond publishing as well, and provide direct aid to animals in desperate situations — such as those rescued from the cruel dog and cat meat trade.
With about a million site visits per month, we educate and inform a wide audience, and provide a platform for the public to speak out for a more compassionate world.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com. In the subject line, please include your name and the words “Editor Position.”