Lower Lights Christian Health Center is seeking a Clinical Mental Health Therapist to join its dynamic team. The successful candidate will identify, triage, and provide psychotherapy to patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the primary care setting. The counselor will diagnose, develop treatment plans, utilize appropriate therapeutic modalities while tracking patient progress throughout the clinical counseling process. Counselors will provide psychoeducation to patients on their diagnosis.
*Locations for Mental Health Therapists are in Newark and Marysville, OH. Candidates MUST be either local or within a reasonable commuting distance to these positions or be willing to relocate, at your own expense, upon offer. *
- A Master’s degree in clinical counseling from an accredited university.
- Current license to practice as a LISW, LISW-S, LPCC, LPCC-S in the State of Ohio with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Experience in trauma and SUD
- Evidence of mature judgment, ethical conduct and leadership skills.
- Skill in crisis intervention and de-escalation strategies.
- Ability to utilize assessment tools for diagnosis.
- Ability to work with patients diagnosed with depression, anxiety, PTSD, mood disorders and other mental health disorders outlined in DSM-V.
- Ability to perform evidenced-based therapeutic treatment modalities in clinical session.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse patients.
- Ability to effectively present information both orally and written to medical providers, psychiatry and other professionals connected with the physical & mental health care of the patient.
- Ability to work positively as a team member with Behavioral Health team, Psychiatrist and Primary Care Physician.
- Ability to work independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Must be willing to work in multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to precept master degree 1st and 2nd year students in clinical counseling for internships.
- Awareness of personal strengths and ability to provide necessary self-care.
Lower Lights Christian Health Center (LLCHC) is a faith-based, nonprofit community health center that exists to minister the love of Christ as a full-service medical home, focused on quality whole person wellness. Monday-Friday, working hours vary by location (7:30-4:30, 8-5, 8:30-5:30). Occasional Saturday morning coverage a few times per year.
We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental and vision as well as paid time off, and a host of voluntary benefits.
How To Apply
Newark Application Link:
Marysville Application Link: