About the Medical Society of the State of New York
Founded in 1807, the Medical Society of the State of New York is the state's principal non-profit professional organization for physicians, residents, and medical students of all specialties. Its mission is to represent the interests of patients and physicians to assure quality healthcare services for all.
The Membership Specialist is responsible for developing and managing the delivery of campaigns, member retention and engagement programs, and systems to acquire and retain members. Monitor member pain points and provide recommendations to resolve them. Ensure the member’s voice is represented and considered as changes are made. Responsible for the membership application process. This position is key to executing MSSNY's revenue earning strategy.
- Executes daily activities and projects that support the recruitment and retention of all individual membership categories.
- Ensure that the membership offering is clearly presented through digital channels, programs, and activities.
- Research and take advantage of opportunities to promote membership and potential partnerships.
- Prospect, cultivate, and establish new member relationships. Implement systems to identify physicians with a high propensity to join.
- Promote membership and potential partnerships.
- Manages new member onboarding programs.
- Work collaboratively with the membership team on recruitment and retention.
- Collaborates to maintain content for membership web pages.
- Maintain relationship with Counties (chapters) and promote collaboration between the Counties and membership staff.
- Effectively partners with Counties (chapters) to advance and drive membership and engagement.
- Works collaboratively with member services representative to ensure member questions and issues are being addressed.
- Recommends new member services and processes to enhance the member experience.
- Develops and monitors personas to enhance the member experience.
- Collaborates to develop innovative marketing and communications strategies, plans and campaigns to promote MSSNY’s value proposition to existing and prospective members.
- Develops and distributes reports that provide statistical information on membership, as well as on progress towards recruitment and retention goals.
- Review membership trends, provide analysis and recommendations for growth and program changes.
- Work with all stakeholders (county societies and other MSSNY divisions) to consistently create a positive and engaging experience for every member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years work-related experience in sales or customer services, preferably within a membership organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Ability to interact engagingly and effectively with all levels of staff and physicians.
- Great sense of humor, positive attitude.
- Exceptional customer service and business etiquette.
- Excellent verbal, written, management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and manage timelines effectively.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency using a membership Association Management System is preferred. Experience with Impexium a plus.
- Support MSSNY’s dedication to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is from $64,000 to $70,000 depending upon such factors as experience and education.
MSSNY offers an excellent benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401K, and paid vacation, sick, personal days.
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and outline why you are the right person for this position.
The Medical Society of the State of New York is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse staff.