The Thomas Cole National Historic Site is seeking a Marketing & Visitor Services Coordinator (MVSC). This is a new position with room for growth within the organization. The MVSC is primarily responsible for presenting the Thomas Cole Site to the public, both in-person and across digital platforms. This includes serving as a central point of contact for visitors in the Visitor Center & Gift Shop, overseeing retail operations, and coordinating visitor communications and engagement across digital platforms, including the website, online ticketing, and social media.
This is a full-time position that requires approximately 37.5 hours per week, with a schedule and responsibilities that vary seasonally. From April to November, the Visitor Services Coordinator must be available to work weekends.
The position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, writing ability, an interest in using visuals to create engaging communications, analytical thinking, attention to detail, self-motivation, a positive attitude and adept use of mobile devices. The ability to work both independently and cooperatively with other staff is essential. Experience with copywriting, photography, photo editing, WordPress, Mail Chimp, and/or Raiser’s Edge is a plus. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning and interested in art, history, the local area, and engaging the public.
In the Visitor Center, the MVSC is responsible for ensuring a highly satisfactory visitor experience. S/he reports to the Manager of Visitor Engagement regarding VC operations. From April to November, the VC is the starting point for visitors to the Site and houses the gift shop. Here, the MVSC duties include:
• Warmly welcoming and orienting visitors
• Providing accurate and helpful information about the Historic Site and surrounding area
• Processing ticket and gift shop sales in Square
• Managing visitor reservations in Eventbrite
• Training and overseeing other VC staff
• Assisting shoppers, tidying the sales floor and restocking merchandise as needed
• Fulfilling online gift shop orders
• Answering visit-related phone calls and email inquiries
• Communicating regularly with supervisors and education staff
Throughout the year, the MVSC is responsible for updating digital platforms with accurate current information, and for supporting the Associate Director with visitor messaging and occasional special events. Specific duties include:
• Drafting text and images for web, social media, and email blasts
• Updating thomascole.org in WordPress
• Posting events and programming on external digital platforms
• Developing social media posts to raise awareness of gift shop items and shop promotions
• On and off-site event-related tasks, including vendor coordination, event staffing and check-in.
How To Apply
How to Apply: In a single PDF document, please submit (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter explaining why you are qualified and interested in the position, and (3) contact information for at least three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com.