The Marketing Manager at The Marsh/MarshStream works closely with the Artistic Director on overseeing Marketing goals and driving campaigns through social media, newsletters, advertising and press releases.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of marketing materials
- Oversee offerings, ticketing and promotions through electronic outlets
- Supports Artistic Director in developing newsletters
- Manage the content for the website and ensure changes are accurate
- Conduct market research and reporting
- Archive necessary information on an ongoing basis
- Interface with PR Team on press releases
- Coordinate with Marsh performers on a regular basis
- Assist in Marketing Marsh Youth Theater when relevant.
- Support and assist other staff members when needed
- Other duties as needed.
- This person should be an energetic and motivated self starter, hardworking and customer service oriented team player with excellent writing, computer and communications skills.
- Whether it’s interacting with patrons or asking a performer to shoot a quick video for social media, EQ/tact is necessary!
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, iMovie, Facebook Business Manager, Google Drive, DropBox, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Analytics, Photoshop, WordPress, Constant Contact and Indesign encouraged
- This role requires 4+ years of Marketing experience, Performing Arts field preferred
- Several years of management recommended
About The Marsh
The Marsh is a breeding ground for new performance, with theaters in San Francisco and Berkeley. The Marsh presents over 500 theatrical performances a year both online and digitally; specializing in solo performance. For more information go to www.themarsh.org,
MarshStream launched in April 2020 as a virtual performance public broadcasting platform and has received an overwhelmingly enthusiastic response, producing 500 shows and garnering over 100,000 in its first year.
- Job starts as part-time both remote and at our San Francisco facility, and may increase to full-time as The Marsh goes back to in-person programming.
- Some night and weekend work required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to General Manager Brian Williamson