Marketing and Communications Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: New York, NY 10017, with potential remote flexibility
Currently, IPF staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at least through September 30, 2021. During this time, this position may require periodic work in our New York office. Once normal routines are safe to resume, this position requires a minimum of a bi-monthly presence in the New York office.
A non-profit, nonpartisan organization, Israel Policy Forum works to advance a viable two-state resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as the only path to maintain Israel as a secure, Jewish, and democratic state. Established in 1993 to support Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin’s diplomatic vision to advance Israel’s security, Israel Policy Forum (IPF) re-emerged in 2012 as an important resource and convener for policymakers and community leaders seeking thoughtful analysis and credible information on key issues impacting a future two-state solution, US diplomacy and the US-Israel relationship. In addition to roundtables and educational partnerships that engage a diverse array of key Israeli and American stakeholders and institutions, IPF is ensuring the involvement of next generation influencers through IPF Atid, its millennial-led community.
Over the past year, we reoriented much of our work to provide meaningful online content to a significant national audience, resulting in tremendous growth in our webinar audience, podcast listenership, and mailing list. IPF is now seeking a skilled and proven Marketing and Communications Director (MCD) with a passion for our mission to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to build on this recent growth.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the MCD will develop, oversee, and execute a holistic, integrated communications strategy that animates and promotes IPF’s mission, programs, and fundraising efforts across multiple platforms. The MCD will develop effective marketing strategies that continue to raise the visibility of IPF’s profile while deepening engagement among our core audiences and those new to our work.
The MCD will be a critical part of the team, capable of integrating smoothly into the management and organizational culture of IPF. The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker with the ability to translate complex concepts into impactful and concise written, video, and digital marketing messages, and a talent for translating strategy into implementable plans, and working collaboratively with others toward measurable results.
The MCD will supervise the day-to-day work of the Development and Communications Associate in collaboration with the Development Director, and will work closely with IPF’s Media Relations consultant to manage our news coverage, media mentions, and op-ed placements for IPF thought leaders. The MCD will also oversee relationships with regular IPF content contributors for IPF’s blog, website, and podcast, as well as graphic designers, and other vendors and current contractors.
This position will work closely with the Development Director to integrate the marketing and communications strategy with our fundraising efforts, and with the CRM Manager to ensure optimization of marketing efforts, automations, integrations, and data collection.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop, oversee, and execute an integrated communications strategy that promotes IPF’s mission.
- Develop and oversee production of all print and digital communications (with input from IPF subject matter experts where appropriate), such as promotional videos, graphics, advertisements, development appeals, annual reports, postcards, and brochures, with a keen eye and ear to our brand identity and voice.
- Develop and oversee an editorial calendar to ensure integration between all communications, marketing, development, and policy events and activities by planning, creating, and scheduling content across various channels.
- Ensure that IPF’s website reflects its mission, vision, programs, and content most effectively, and oversee workflow to ensure that day-to-day updates are made in a timely manner.
- Write, review, and copy edit promotional content for impact, accuracy, readability, consistency, and fitness for purpose.
- Proactively identify opportunities for content development and ensure amplification across appropriate channels.
- Oversee preparation and distribution of all weekly email campaigns and newsletters, quarterly donor communications, and other publications as they develop.
- Track incoming communications and marketing requests from staff members, especially Development Department, and coordinate final copy approvals.
- Design and implement campaign strategies for deepening engagement with our core audiences and new contacts, and generate ideas for audience growth.
- Track, measure, analyze, and report on campaign performance and develop recommendations to enhance strategies for continued improvement.
- Develop, oversee, and execute marketing plans for virtual and (when resumed) in-person events, including promotion, registration, and follow up.
- Manage production of online events, such evaluating and selecting appropriate online platforms and vendors.
- Act as a thought partner to staff members in our program departments, especially those focused on advancing our young professionals and Jewish communal partnerships, and ensure that staff incorporate consistent organizational messaging aligned with IPF’s brand identity across all communications channels.
- Utilize Israel Policy Forum’s messaging, content, and resources to build the capacity of staff members and Board of Directors to be effective IPF spokespeople, especially across fundraising, events, and programs.
- 8+ years of progressive branding, communications, and/or marketing experience, preferably, including implementing a comprehensive communications plan at a mission-driven organization.
- Experience managing a team of staff and relationships with vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly, and develop fresh, executable ideas.
- Outstanding time management skills with proven ability to be nimble, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and change priorities in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven daily tasks, as well as important long-term projects requiring collaboration with others.
- Strong aesthetic sense and expertise in graphic design, photo and video editing; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of content management systems and website management; proficiency with HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
- Fluency with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms, and related analytics.
- Knowledge of Campaign Monitor or similar HTML newsletter platform, and integrations with Zoom, Salesforce, and other tools to optimize marketing efforts.
- Fluency and ability to adapt to new forms of media.
This is a full-time, exempt position, with very occasional evening or weekend work if needed. The annual salary range is $95,000-$105,000, depending on experience. Benefits include generous paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401(K) plan.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two examples of a successful media campaign to Snezhana Orlando at firstname.lastname@example.org.