The McKenzie CDC Managing Director
The managing director holds ultimate responsibility for the day-to-day running of the organization with the ability to delegate areas or projects to separate managers with approval of the board. S/he follows the strategic vision and direction set by the board. This person is a builder, a manager par excellent and a joint-visionary for what the McKenzie Community Development Corporation (“McKenzie CDC”) can become. They see opportunities and act on them as they simultaneously remove obstacles. They have a fundamental understanding and appreciation for community involvement and can move ideas to action. The primary goal of the managing director is to constantly be moving towards fulfilling the McKenzie CDC’s short-term and long-term objectives without diverging from its strategic vision.
Duties of the managing director:
- Build the organizational structure to achieve the present wildfire recovery objectives and stabilize the changes implemented to meet the challenges of rapid growth. Build with the values of the organization in mind and with efficiencies and effectiveness as guides.
- Implement information management protocols. Monitor the flow of information from local, regional, state, and federal stakeholders. Prepare summaries of important documents for board members to ensure they stay apprised of opportunities and developments that impact the McKenzie CDC’s mission. Ensure that information is stored in a manner that makes it easily searched and retrieved.
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have an accurate view of the opportunities and obstacles to the McKenzie CDC’s success.
- Lead the recruitment for positions as approved by the board to support the key tasks to implement the plan and on-board staff and supervise, ensuring all employees understand and support the vision. The board will make final decisions on hiring.
- As new personnel are hired orient and supervise them in their work. Delegate responsibilities and provide guidance and motivation. Review and implement new processes and procedures across the organization as team members are added.
- Oversee the organization’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures. Supervise finance support (staffed or contract); on a regular basis have prepared the organization’s financial indicators and present to the board for review.
- Will work with our staff of the MCDC to support them as they lead the wildfire recovery program.
- Speak on behalf of the organization in close coordination with the board. Help the board prioritize where they are needed for events and fundraising opportunities.
- Set the organizations priorities in alignment with over-all goals through a work plan. Implement to that plan with clear indicators of progress and defined success measures.
- Identify and secure office resources including space, equipment, and necessary supplies.
- Ensure all grants are managed to plan with proper and timely reporting to donors.
How To Apply
Email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Managing Director position