Safe Families for Children is seeking an outstanding writer and donor communications professional to join our team. As Manager of Donor Communications, you will build and strengthen Safe Families’ relationships with foundations, corporations, and other major givers through the power of writing. You will be a critical member of the national development team, leading efforts to develop compelling written donor communications, including custom proposals and reports. This is a great role for you if you love to draw out vision and impact from internal stakeholders and then communicate back to donors through writing. Your work will help donors experience the impact of their investment.
We are looking for an individual who is highly driven and self-accountable, and who exhibits Safe Families’ guiding principles of integrity, respect, humility, innovation, persistence, and curiosity.
This is a full-time, remote position, and you will have at least one direct report to start. Travel may be required 3-4 times per year.
- Conceptualize and oversee the writing and editing of compelling donor communications, including proposals, reports, and other accompanying materials for current and prospective funders
- Maintain annual grants calendar, including proposal and reporting deadlines
- Work with national development team and regional leaders to identify and pursue new funding opportunities
- Collaborate and provide constructive feedback to peer grant proposals and reports
- Provide an excellent giving experience for institutional funders, ensuring they are meaningfully updated on their impact and have regular engagement opportunities with Safe Families
- Deliver regular donor meeting reports to organization leadership and development team
- Maintain detailed and meaningful records in our donation management system
- Drive organizational culture as a supervisor and teammate
- At least five years of experience in nonprofit writing, donor communications, or grant writing
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a track record of success supporting or securing major gifts
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize and hold yourself accountable in reaching personal and team goals
- Pursues constructive feedback resulting in personal growth and impact
- Deep commitment to Safe Families’ mission and work
- History of espousing our core values of radical hospitality, intentional compassion, and disruptive generosity
About the organization
Founded in 2003, Safe Families for Children surrounds families in crisis with caring, compassionate communities. We are a volunteer- and faith-driven nonprofit that provides hope and support to families across the world. In many situations, parents or guardians are unable to provide a safe and caring environment for their children, putting them at risk for abuse and neglect. We exist to (1) Keep children safe during a family crisis, (2) Support and stabilize families in crisis by surrounding them with caring, compassionate communities, and (3) Safely reunite families to reduce the number of children entering the child welfare system.
What started as one church providing support to families in its area has now expanded to more than 100 cities across the globe. Our vision is to create a world where children are safe, and families are transformed through radically compassionate communities.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter expressing your sincere interest in the position, commitment to Safe Families’ mission, and your salary requirements in one PDF file to Natalie Bezek at firstname.lastname@example.org.