Job Title: Manager of Development and Community Relations
Organization: Bethel Hills
Location: Washington, Missouri
FLSA Status: Part-Time (25-30 hrs.) Non-Exempt
Reports to: Board President (Executive Director)
Salary Range: $52,000 - $58,000 - with flexible hours
Bethel Hills is a non-denominational faith-based community near Washington, Missouri serving neurodiverse adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide opportunities for our residents to live their fullest lives while actively supporting their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
In our first year we set very ambitious goals and achieved results that far exceeded expectations. We are an organization that is committed to making the world a better place for the community we serve.
In this small and emerging organization, the Development and Community Relations Manager is responsible for building and executing the development plan, working with a team on marketing and social media, and planning community events. Approximately 25% of our annual fund is fueled by philanthropy.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Bethel Hills fundraising activities
- Confident and comfortable working with new donors, as well as stewarding existing donors.
- Partner with the executive director on grants.
- Ensure donors are kept up to date on all Bethel Hills activities and events
- Attend community events
- Promote the Bethel Hills mission to the community at large.
WE WILL DISCOVER THAT YOU ARE
- Passionate for the mission of Bethel Hills
- You should clearly be able to convey why Bethel Hills is a worthwhile cause, manage project-specific donor goals, and answer donor questions about funding for specific projects.
- You are able to manage a fundraising timeline, such as the organization and planning of all fundraising events. You will be a critical part of a fundraising team helping us achieve our broader goals.
- Able to establish and maintain friendly business communications with individuals and business donors or sponsors. You will likely have face-to-face meetings with donors, recurring supporters, and volunteers
- Adept in creating strategies to research and identify potential new donors and sponsors.
- You have good basic financial acumen.
- A warm, open personality that easily connects with our residents, staff, and donors.
- Flexible in scheduling a 20-plus hour work week. Not every week will be the same.
- At least 3 years experience in non-profit development, marketing, fundraising, and/or transferable skill sets
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable leadership experience
- Knowledge of the greater Washington, Missouri and Franklin County community a plus
- Knowledge of the intellectual/developmental disabilities community is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of donor software - Little Green Light - a plus
- Basic knowledge of video production is a plus
- A good understanding of print, marketing materials, and social media
Starting salary: $35 - $38 hr. with flexible scheduling.
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “DCR Manager Position”.