Holt International seeks an exceptionally talented, driven leader to serve as its Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility & Strategic Partnerships. The Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility & Strategic Partnerships will play a vital role in ensuring Holt International has access to resources which support and further the organization’s incredible work; strengthening families and helping orphaned and vulnerable children around the world. This full-time, onsite opportunity is for immediate hire and is based in the organization headquarter offices in Eugene, Oregon.
Holt International has retained the services of Scion Executive Search, a national executive search firm specializing in mission-driven organization recruitment, to assist in conducting this important search. All inquiries, applications, and nominations for this opportunity should be directed to the firm as indicated at the end of this position announcement.
About Holt International:
Holt International finds and supports permanent, loving families for children who are orphaned, abandoned, or at serious risk of separation from their family. Holt’s child centered model of care provides services for vulnerable children to ensure they will grow and develop to their fullest potential. As an established, impactful international children’s services and child welfare organization, Holt International is well known for its incredible work and program impact. Moved by faith and a firm belief that all children deserve permanent, loving homes, Harry and Bertha Holt began their lifelong mission in 1955. Overcoming legal and cultural barriers, they sought families for children orphaned by the Korean War. Today, Holt International strives to uphold the vision of its founders: to find loving homes for children regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or gender.
Established overseas for more than six decades, Holt International is the model for international adoption and child welfare. World leaders seek the organization’s expertise and child welfare organizations embrace their partnership. For more information on Holt International, and their mission statement, please visit www.holtinternational.org.
About the Eugene Area:
Eugene, Oregon is located in the lush Willamette Valley, and is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as the arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. Eugene is approximately 110 miles South of Portland, the state’s major metropolitan area, and is less than two hours from the Pacific Ocean to the West and the Cascade Mountains to the East. The Eugene/Springfield metropolitan area is in a region noted for its dynamic quality of life, diversity, and progressive cultural environment.
The Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility & Strategic Partnerships reports to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer. Working cooperatively with the development team, program staff, and leadership, the Manager sets and meets annual revenue goals for the corporate partnerships program. Embracing the culture of philanthropy, this position expertly builds systems and procedures from the ground up to secure and grow fund development and also educates leadership on emerging social and environmental opportunities/risks to ensure agency-wide philanthropy and fund development is carried out in accordance with the organization’s mission, values, and plans.
- Cultivate and manage key relationships with existing and prospective local, national, and international corporate donors and partners.
- Identify specific partner interests; create customized corporate solicitation strategies based on strategic philanthropic and marketing objectives.
- Create, coordinate, and implement the overall strategic plan of corporate fundraising projects, promotions, and special events.
- Innovate and champion corporate partner and sponsor retention and recognition programs.
- Produce targeted promotional materials to engage corporate partners and donors (proposals, display materials, videos, certificates, etc.).
- Establish goals and implement strategy to increase corporate partner participation and generation of funding.
- Evaluate acquisition priorities and lead commercial due diligence.
- Research and develop cause-related marketing programs.
- Demonstrate excellence, caring, collaboration, and accountability, and contribute to Holt International’s overall financial success.
- Monitor trends in corporate funding and cause marketing and of changing interests of corporations and of corporate foundations.
- Produce and edit reports and proposals, including financial segments.
- Collaborate with Board members, executive leadership, and staff to enhance all potential funding opportunities.
- A passion for Holt International’s mission and proven, strategic capacity to create industry partnerships and build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships; driving program awareness to grow Holt International’s funding pathways.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate social responsibility, significant corporate partnerships, marketing, project management, fundraising, and/or development strategy, with a track record of success in these areas at an organization with an annual budget of $25 million or higher.
- Prior international work experience and/or understanding of global partnership opportunities and the evolving roles of international NGOs.
- Intrinsic knowledge of corporate social responsibility programs, donor acquisition and advancement, sponsorship, and cause marketing; deep understanding of current trends and best practices in corporate social responsibility is highly desirable!
- Persistent yet patient approach to development, in addition to experience coaching and mentoring internal staff in development best practices and strategy.
- Exceptional time and project management skills; you appreciate challenge and consistently meet deadlines under pressure!
- Experience working with senior/executive leadership to set organizational goals and implement strategy.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills; you are intellectually curious by nature and excited by opportunities to accomplish diversified assignments.
- Outstanding communication skills, both orally and in writing, with an ability to effectively engage with individuals from all walks of life.
- Extremely polished interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with diverse people and groups in multicultural environments.
- Ability to work within an exciting, fast-paced environment while multitasking and meeting deadlines in a results-driven fashion; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investments in people and systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and creating charts, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to travel; approximately 35% required.
This role is offering a competitive base salary—dependent on experience—as well as exceptional benefits, including: health insurance, a generous vacation program, paid holidays, and a rewarding job you will love!
Holt International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
Applications and Nominations:
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made. Nominations, applications, and inquiries should be sent in confidence to:
Rebecca Hu-Van Wright
Scion Executive Search
(888) 487 - 8850
Electronic submission is required for formal consideration. Please submit your cover letter and CV, in either PDF or MS Word format, through the application page linked above.