HBI is seeking a Manager of Corporate Fundraising & Foundation Support. In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a team to develop a comprehensive and actionable development and fundraising plan with attainable revenue goals.
- Develop a pipeline of qualified funder prospects; analyze program interests, grant procedures and past charitable donations to develop comprehensive solicitation plans.
- Work with staff leadership to attain current project information and create offers and proposals that are used to secure funding.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with prospects through thoughtful cultivation and stewardship (e.g., face-to-face meetings, correspondence, phone contact, etc.)
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager to develop strategies and supporting marketing materials for prospects.
- Ensure that all written materials best reflect HBI's programmatic work, its brand, and strategic vision while aligning with the funder's interest.
- Ensure the proper administration and stewardship of funds and gifts.
- Oversee the management of the funder database which includes accurately tracking and recording all donor information, communications, and special requests.
- Remain informed on legal and technical issues as they affect current and prospective donors and gifts and advises staff on these issues.
- Determine success metrics to monitor and report progress against goals as required.
- Monitor and track major changes in the marketplace, both philanthropic and economic, and provide strategic direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Programmatic and development experience in securing complex large multiyear grants with top funders in workforce development, community development, and housing sectors.
- Computer literate (strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Self-motivated and disciplined; must perform well under pressure and be able to complete multiple projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- A team player with proven ability to develop relationships and be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels (senior management, middle management, support staff, instructors, etc.)
- Solutions-oriented and highly collaborative.
- Proposal writing skills helpful
- Strong organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Active support of HBI Value: Excellence – Integrity – Safety - Service
How To Apply
Apply at www.hbi.org
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.