Location: Dallas, TX
The Manager of Major Gift Proposals is a member of the Major Gifts Team and reports directly to the VP of Collaborative Revenue. This position will advance the teams fundraising goals and is responsible for providing strategic project management and coordination for complex gift proposals, managing the gift proposal development process, ensuring accurate information is captured in the database and related systems, developing and editing individual gift proposals and stewardship reports, cultivating strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Writing compelling language for fundraising materials - primarily major proposals, customized case statements, stewardship reports, personalized donor communications and planned giving materials.
Working with Mission and Finance to determine the cost and viability and prioritization of each gift opportunity.
Supporting the team in the preparation of draft briefing materials, letters, mission spotlights, gift opportunities, giving societies, presentations and overviews and other communication for Philanthropic Relationship Officers (PRO) and senior leadership.
Documenting information gathered from various visits and discussions and preparing materials to respond to donor's requests, including assisting PROs with proactive pipeline management with prospects (reports, reminders of activity etc.)
Managing procedures related to the proposal development process including creation of templates and other tools. Develop and maintain a content library.
Minimum Experience Required
Minimum of experience required for competent performance in the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field plus 5 or more years of development experience in a professional capacity.
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit and philanthropic sector.
- Experience in nonprofit health sector or a desire to quickly become knowledgeable about the key issues and players in health reform.
- Exceptional listener with ability to understand the needs and motivations of others, find common ground and build trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in writing for fundraising with the ability to transfer scientific and programmatic internal documents into compelling donor facing language and materials.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated success aligning diverse stakeholders around a common vision or objective.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable to growing, fast-paced, diverse, results oriented culture.
Prefer 7+ years directly related experience and working knowledge of resource development.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
Must understand how to manage donors such as moves management and the ability to utilize Salesforce database. High level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.