Since 1999, WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease has been the nation’s only patient-centered organization solely devoted advancing women’s heart health through patient support, community education, and advocacy. WomenHeart is both a coalition and a community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, health care professionals, health advocates, all committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives. This $4.5 million organization is poised for rapid expansion and leadership in the field.
WomenHeart seeks to hire a Manager of New Business Development and Outreach to lead the organizations efforts to identify and expand business opportunity and organizational fundraising activities (e.g., individual giving, major donor and corporate sponsors) in support of WomenHeart’s mission. The Manager will work in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer to develop new partnerships and grow funding resources for this leading national patient-centered non-profit. The Manager will also oversee a team focused on fundraising, sponsor and individual giving activities, and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement a comprehensive business development strategy for the organization, including solicitation plans for corporations, retailers, foundations and individuals.
- Develop prospect lists and work to make contacts and schedule presentations for new partnerships and collaborations.
- Develop a proactive online donor strategy, including campaign-based fundraising and year-round individual donor campaigns.
- Develop and establish creative collaboratives raising awareness and education about the leading cause of death of women.
- Proactively seek new partnerships with pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Proactively seek new licensing and cause-related marketing partners with retailers and manufacturers.
- Work with CEO and program staff to develop "win-win" relationships and other programs that further the mission and goals of the organization and expand the organization's funding base.
- Develop prospect lists and create new opportunities for partnerships and collaborations.
- Seek opportunities for point of sale campaigns and other revenue generating campaigns with retailers.
- Write and submit grants on an on-going basis.
- Develop a comprehensive donor stewardship program with clear objectives to deepen engagement of donors and garner new donors, in sustaining and expanding financial support.
- Ensure that the organization has an effective and dynamic on-line fundraising platform that can integrate the WomenHeart website along with partner solicitations.
- Conduct prospect research on private and corporate foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals to identify and solicit potential supporters.
- Write technical and financial reports to funders, as required.
- Manage constituent database and donor history, including managing data entry, running monthly and customized reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience development with a proven fundraising track record.
- Ability to develop proven marketing and recruitment strategies to enhance organizational fundraising activities.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors
- Proficiency in using donor and constituent databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks effectively, work independently as well as collaboratively, take initiative, demonstrate resourcefulness, and respond flexibly to changing demands in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with hospitals, health care, private corporations, nonprofit organizations, and complex coalitions.
- Ability to communicate executive-level leadership in hospitals and health care organizations, corporations, and major donors.
- Ability to work cross functionally in a small team based environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to recognize and identify member concerns, analyze issues and concepts to correctly state a problem and develop recommended solutions.
- Strong organizational, leadership, communication, and project management skills as well as excellent judgment in developing and implementing priorities.
- Exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills;
- Diligent work ethic and personal drive and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while working independently.
- Advanced oral communication skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations to small and large audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and supporting technologies.
- Ability to both plan for and respond strategically to threats and opportunities.
- Ability to lead, manage and supervise high-performing teams, in a fast-paced and challenging environment, to respond to the needs of members and the organization.
- Willingness to travel.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Business, Marketing, Health Administration, or a correlated field. Advanced degree and association background preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Please forward resume, cover letter, salary requirements and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org