The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
Reporting to the (Special Assistant to the President & CEO), the (Manager, Board Relations) is responsible for management of all administrative functions and support for the NACHC Executive Committee and Board of Directors, including on-going communication with officers and members of the board and coordination with NACHC senior leadership regarding board business.
- Manages all administrative functions for the NACHC Executive Committee and Board of Directors, including managing/facilitating tasks associated with Board objectives
- Maintains NACHC corporate records, including minutes, policies, bylaws, budgets, audits, and reports.
- Prepares agendas for meetings of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors for approval of the CEO and Chair of the Board.
- Prepares minutes from meetings of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors for signature of the Secretary of the Board.
- Compiles and disseminates the quarterly Board Book to the Board and Integration Team
- Reviews all incoming correspondence for the Chair of the Board and all other Board Members, highlighting those items needing immediate attention and handling as appropriate. Assures timely and accurate response.
- Handles on-going communication and frequent contact with officers, Board Members, and all levels of staff within the organization.
- Coordinates orientation for new Board Members and coordinates annual training for all Board Members.
- Coordinates as needed with the Manager of Member Support regarding committees of the Board, national and regional Board member elections, NACHC awards program and related association events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Chair of the Board and Consumer Board Member Representative; communicates with Conferences & Exhibits staff regarding Executive Committee member travel itineraries.
- Performs other related duties and responds to emergencies as they arise or as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related discipline and/or minimum three years of experience in an administrative or business environment demonstrating increasing responsibility and levels of confidentiality.
- Commitment to NACHC’s mission and goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with corporate structure, non-profit boards, operations, business procedures
- Self-initiative for organizing work assignments and dependability for production of final documents
- Recognition of importance and sensitivity of issues to elevate to CEO and/or the Board Chair
- Capacity to handle the public and staff with confidence
- Demonstrate good judgement
- Manage and plan for multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize time accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Excellent keyboarding and notetaking skills
- Command of writing mechanics, including composition, editing, and proofreading reports and documents
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook) and Zoom, as well as learning new technology platforms
How To Apply