This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, results-driven professional to provide project management and management-level support duties for the Americans for the Arts, the nation's leading nonprofit for advancing the arts and arts education. It is our mission to build recognition and support for the extraordinary and dynamic value of the arts and to lead, serve, and advance the diverse networks of organizations and individuals who cultivate the arts in America. With 50 years of service, we have worked to make real and lasting change in the United States to promote and advance the arts.
To assist us with this important work, Americans for the Arts is hiring a Management Assistant to provide high-level specialized and confidential organizational, project management, and executive support duties to the President/CEO and other senior staff. We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic team player who is a skilled communicator with a sharp eye for detail. Our commitment to excellence drives our hiring process. We seek the best and brightest people to form a distinguished team fueled by passion, opportunity, teamwork, and professional development
Americans for the Arts knows that diversity fuels innovation and growth – in business, the arts, our communities, and our personal lives. The services we provide benefit from various perspectives, and diversity is vital to this process. Along with welcoming passionate, talented candidates from all backgrounds, we also strongly encourage people of color, women, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, gender-nonconforming candidates, those who identify as part of marginalized groups, and candidates committed to supporting diversity to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We maintain an open-door policy to promote a collaborative workplace culture. We encourage career and professional development opportunities to lead our team members toward avenues that enrich their interests and work. We provide a variety of programs and benefits that include medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug plan, health club memberships for employees, flex spending account, retirement savings plan, vacation, sick and safe leave, paid volunteer leave, and 12 paid holidays.
Americans for the Arts’ Organizational Values
- Creativity and Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Collaboration and Community Building
- Access to the arts for all.
The Management Assistant provides a variety of high-level management support and assists with analytical and administrative tasks to support the President/CEO of Americans for the Arts and other senior-level team members. This role is based in Washington, DC, and is not a remote-work opportunity, but Americans for the Arts does offer a robust telework policy.
This position is responsible for the coordination and planning of operational and business support among senior-level departments; including development and supervision of workflow systems; monitoring of programs and projects among multiple work teams and departments; coordination and planning of major events; managing highly confidential material; and maintaining administrative activities. The person in this role should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple responsibilities with tact and flexibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complex calendar and schedule management with discretion and independent decision-making regarding appointments and activities of the President/CEO.
- Ability to respond with appropriate urgency, judgment, and resolution to requests, challenges, communications, and situations that require a quick turn-around.
- Provide proactive support that includes a vetting process, prioritization of tasks, and providing recommendations.
- Align with President/CEO and senior leadership on weekly priorities, proactively anticipating and supporting the organization and leadership needs.
- Edit and compose internal and external communication on behalf of the President/CEO and assist with maintaining email distribution and inbox management.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and seminars on behalf of the President/CEO, stay updated on new concepts, office procedures, and business support management best practices.
- Gather, input, and organize data in available information systems, as needed.
- Assist in the development of formal presentations for the President/ CEO and high-level leadership, including logistical support to run presentations through virtual meetings.
- Maintain strong relationships and trust with employees across all departments, at all levels, as well as with key business partners.
- Manage expenses, travel arrangements, general administrative support.
Experience and Skills
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace.
- Ability to manage tasks with a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and discretion.
- Ability to maintain healthy interpersonal workplace relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, using best practices and creative and agile strategies with great attention to detail.
- Ability to think independently and handle multiple concurrent projects with ease.
- Proficient Personal Computer (PC) skills including Microsoft Office, internet research experience, and basic PC troubleshooting.
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing excellent service to our employees, members, stakeholders, and partners.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Management Assistant" in the subject line.
Integrity Development Corp. is partnering with Americans for the Arts in the recruitment and hiring of a Management Assistant to the President/CEO.