Reporting to: Program Director/Assistant Director
Ministry: Steadfast House
Hours: Salaried Position: 40+ hours/week
Location: Steadfast House
Purpose of the position
To oversee the clinical operation of the ABCCM Homeless Services Clinical Grant and Per Diem Program.
Responsibilities & duties
- Oversee the clinical operation of the ABCCM Homeless Services Clinical Grant and Per Diem program
- Provide crisis intervention with clients with high mental health needs and make referrals as appropriate
- Work closely with community partners to assure client needs are met such as mental health needs, medical needs, basic needs etc.
- Assess all referrals for appropriateness for program
- Complete psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, and therapeutic interventions
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director and Volunteer Coordinator in order to create and implement programming for participants to include therapeutic groups, psycho-education, activities, etc.
- Facilitate therapeutic groups with a diverse group of veterans to include those with mental health diagnoses and substance use disorders
- Conduct individual therapy with a diverse group of veterans to include those with mental health diagnoses and substance use disorders
- Provide case management with clients to include employment readiness, resume building, housing/reintegration planning, budgeting, referrals, accountability to program and recovery, conflict resolution etc.
- Assist program assigned Peer Support Specialist with difficult client cases including disciplinary issues, discharges, safety planning, and resident conflicts
- Assist program director/Assistant Director in program expansion and development
- Maintain client and program tracking to include data entry, progress notes, and evaluation of practice
- Maintain current licensure and meet all state requirements for clinical licensure
- Participate in ministry events as required
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
Academic & trades qualifications
- MSW, LCSW
- 3+ years of experience as an LCSW
Work experience & skills
- Experience facilitating clinical group therapy in the treatment of mental health and/or substance use disorders, experience in individual therapy in the treatment of mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Experience providing a variety of treatment modalities to individuals with PTSD, SUD, Bipolar Disorders, Depression, and Anxiety
- Familiarity and experience working with data entry, excel, and electronic case management/clinical charting
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity of community resources such as community health providers, VA, Pisgah Legal Services, housing providers and resources, Veterans Service Office, etc.
- Experience as a veteran and/or working with veterans
Personal qualities & Behavioral traits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with many different personality types
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Team builder & player
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Focus on meeting commitments
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Please send resume to: Angela.Pennell@abccm.org