The Bureau of Land Management is looking for an experienced, dynamic #leader with a non-profit background to help the nation's largest land management agency work with our newly created, congressionally chartered foundation. This new liaison position will work directly with our independent #foundation to ensure that its activities are coordinated with and support the BLM's mission and priorities. This is a senior level GS-14 position, with excellent benefits and #work flexibility. Duties include:
- Serves as the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) Liaison to the congressionally chartered Foundation for America's Public Lands, as well as other foundations supported by or that work with the BLM.
- Represents BLM's senior leadership in establishing, strengthening and maintaining a collaborative relationship with the Foundation's staff and Board of Directors.
- Engages in building relationships with Foundation partners and stakeholders, including estate and local government, as well as with national and some regional associations, non-governmental organizations, conservation, and industry groups nationwide.
- Builds partnerships and fosters coordination and collaboration in accordance with pertinent laws and policies.
- Serves as a key point of contact in seeking to address and facilitate resolution of pertinent issues and ensure that projects and initiatives undertaken or supported by the Foundation are coordinated with the BLM and reflect its input and priorities.
- Works with Foundation staff to ensure appropriated dollars and other funds coming from the BLM are disbursed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and are fully accounted for.
- Utilizes knowledge of BLM policies and programs to work with subject matter experts in BLM's various program areas to brief and train Foundation staff, Board Members and others involved in the foundation's work.