Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org
The LRC Coordinator is part of a dynamic, agile and collegial legal, risk and compliance team. The position is responsible for supporting the LRC team in fulfilling its responsibilities, including by developing and maintaining a database / library of compliance tools and resources, managing charitable, business, tax, and other registrations at the local, state and federal levels, coordinating communication and data collection related to Tides’ insurance program, assisting in contract review, supporting the team with administrative tasks, and completing other projects as requested to support and enhance our legal, risk and compliance program.
· Manage full scope of charitable, business, tax and other registrations, including research, development / enhancement of registration calendar, submission of filings.
· Coordinate information exchange and inquiries related to insurance policy coverage, including communication with various stakeholders, and data entry.
· Support and build database / library of compliance tools and resources, including support for and development of topic-specific training materials and memoranda.
· Develop and support implementation of tools and resources to support, improve and enhance databases and compliance systems, including for contracts, registrations, insurance, and other internal risk and compliance toolkit needs.
· Assist with contract review.
· Collaborate cross-departmentally to support efficient, effective and proactive compliance support.
· Other duties to support the LRC function as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Commitment to advancing Tides’ mission
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Detail-oriented, with ability to understand and appreciate and integrate larger goals and objectives
· Flexible, with ability and commitment to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, effective results
· High-level and consistent work ethic
· Team player, with ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and with internal and external stakeholders
· Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in administration, administrative management, or equivalent
· Non-profit experience, government experience, or experience with complex organizations, a plus
· Paralegal experience, a plus
· Experience with developing and maintaining reporting systems procedures and practices
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.