Position Reports To: VP Technical Operations
Start date: Immediate Anticipated compensation: Starting at $65,000, commensurate with experience
Who We Are
Saga Education is a national nonprofit that has served over 17,600 students with high-dose math tutoring during their regular school day. Fueling this work is a bold vision to combat educational inequity by working with school districts to unlock the power of personal relationships to nurture academic, social and emotional growth for young people. Our students and schools represent historically marginalized communities. Our mission is to provide them with rigorous, high impact tutorials that ensure they have the confidence and academic strength to achieve success in high school and beyond.
A career with Saga is your chance to join America’s most trusted leader on powerful tutoring relationships, and help create a new story -- for our schools, for our future. For your future. To learn more, please visit www.sagaeducation.org.
The Work and Why it Matters
Nationwide, students are experiencing a significant interruption in their formal education due to COVID-19 and resulting extended school closures. While educators and students alike have many unprecedented challenges to overcome this upcoming school year, educators report that their top concern is students falling behind in math. This concern is heightened for educators in high-poverty districts who teach predominantly black or Latinx students.
Our technical operations team supports Saga’s bold vision of serving our students with scalable IT infrastructures and policies. Our work spans the U.S. and our program implementations range from fully in-person to fully remote. Regardless of the model, our goal is to make sure the technology ‘just works’ so optimal learning environments can seamlessly exist.
Saga is unique in that in addition to direct tutoring, we also develop best-in-class software products to not only help our students, but also our partner organizations. Today this includes Saga Connect, Saga Coach, and Woot Math. We value the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to the ever changing tech landscape.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Operations, the IT Manager is responsible for leading and scaling our IT infrastructure and policies for the next generation of growth. Saga Education is at the forefront of education reform and innovation, and we are investing heavily into technology and products to accelerate this vision. The IT Manager will work collaboratively across departments to ensure all IT needs are met.
- You will assume a leadership role in setting the vision and direction of information technology for Saga.
- You will work with the IT team to utilize and scale the existing cloud-based platforms, and make recommendations for future platforms.
- As a distributed team, you will lead the logistics effort for distributing, managing, and maintaining equipment for both personnel and partner schools/districts.
- You will be an individual contributor responsible for supporting our end users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Mission Alignment - You acknowledge social injustice in education and have a desire to grow
- Nimble Learning - You use both successes and failures to actively learn new lessons
- Collaborates - You work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Action Oriented - You take on new opportunities and have a solutions-oriented approach
- Communicates Effectively - You deliver clear, multi-mode communication to various audiences
- Ensures Accountability - You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
Experience & Qualifications
- You have completed a BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- You have 4-5 years experience in working in IT operations
- You have 1-3 years experience managing teams
- You have excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network, systems administration
Saga Education offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO, as well as opt-in programs such as 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and discounts through Tickets At Work. Saga Education will provide company-owned technology when applicable.
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website.