Are you wanting to work for an organization that is mission driven with values of putting client’s interests first, acting with integrity, thinking unconventionally and has a vision for: Vibrant communities. Empowering business ownership. This may be the position for you.
CEDS Finance Overview: CEDS Finance is a mission-based lender whose mission is to support the American Dream of financial self-sufficiency, by assisting refugees, immigrants, and those from underserved communities in Metro Denver in small business development. CEDS Finance is the 2018 Colorado Community Lender of the Year. The organization is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that’s facilitated over $4 million of investment capital and created/retained 550 jobs.
Job Description: The Investment Assistant is responsible for various tasks necessary for the successful implementation of the micro-finance program; and in supporting organization-wide tasks to ensure the successful implementation and impact of CEDS Finance. Program related tasks may include processing applicants, preparing and maintaining loan files, communicating with clients, among other responsibilities. Organization-related activities may include researching community partners and/or new industry trends, providing the logistics for and attending/presenting at outreach activities and/or trainings, among other tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Intakes: Receive new applicants, provide an overview of application process, and track intakes. Maintain the applicant tracker (i.e., pipeline). Support the intake and/or underwriting processes as requested by the Investment Officers/Managers, which may include following up with applicants for missing documents, preparing new applicant folders, performing OFAC and credit checks, conducting reference checks, etc. Manage the main phone number for the organization as well as the reception desk, which collectively includes greeting guests, routing calls, answering questions, taking messages, etc.
- Closings: Conduct all operational, paid-in-full closing, and charge off closings. Support, as necessary, loan closings, which may include document preparation, perfecting collateral, etc. If issues arise with any closing, ensure they are resolved to ensure CEDS compliance. Maintain the first loss payee and (vehicle) title inventory trackers.
- Collections: Maintain the monthly payment adjustment tracker. Assist with regular loan collection activities as needed, including sending clients payment reminders and delinquency letters, and running client performance reports.
- Outreach: Support the development and implementation of CEDS Finance’s outreach plan to reach entrepreneurs with a need for capital. Facilitate, lead, support outreach events, which may include preparing the logistics, promoting the event, presenting at the event, tracking attendance, etc. Support the maintenance of the CEDS Finance website and social media presence, among other tasks, as requested.
- Administrative Support for the Executive Director: Provide the ED support that may include, screening and routing telephone calls, maintaining the calendar, making travel arrangements, meeting coordination, file management, scanning documents, and other basic clerical and office duties as needed.
- Other Duties: Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Director, Investment Manager, Investment Officer(s), Operations Manager, and Finance and Administration Manager.
- Interest in impact or socially driven investing, experience is preferred.
- Experience and/or understanding of local communities (including Aurora) and local businesses.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proactive, professional and hardworking with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Intellectually curious with an interest to learn and develop professional skills on-the-job.
- Experience or exposure to low income communities, refugees and/or immigrants is preferred.
- Associates degree is required, bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in English, but knowledge of other languages is a plus.
How To Apply
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Rene@thehrshop.com with “Investment Assistant” in the subject line. The cover letter needs to include where you learned of the job opening. The application deadline is Friday, July 12, 2019.