Perform duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to HIPsters. Understands how HIPsters learn and is dedicated to help create a nurturing learning experience for every HIPster. Deliver lessons on independent living skills, socialization, and other important skills to our HIPsters. Assist HIPsters with daily goals and aspirations, chaperoning on educational outings and other duties assigned.
- Teaches from 25-35 hours per week in independent living skills, social skills, vocational skills, or other related subjects, to HIPsters at My Possibilities.
- Writes lesson plans that meet the requirements of our curriculum template for elective classes and may modify existing core class lesson plans.
- Assists HIPsters during recreational activities, physical exercises, therapeutic activities, and any other activity that may require slight additional assistance.
- Lead groups of HIPsters into the community for projects and volunteer opportunities.
- Responsible for upkeep of 10-14 HIPster goals and notes on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and must turn in all documents to the Billing and Contracts Specialist on time.
- Must adhere to all confidentiality guidelines of our HIPsters and their families.
- Acts as a role model and mentor to our HIPsters, working hard to always keep a professional demeanor.
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Experience working with adults with special needs a plus.
- Understands instruction methods including curriculum-based instruction and the implementation of lesson plans.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (sign language a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferably in Special Education
- Social Work or related field will also be considered
- In Specialist/Related subject of teaching Art, Culinary, or Technology
- At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with special needs in a teaching capacity.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- Current driver’s license, acceptable driving record and valid car insurance required.
- Must be able to clear a background check with no related offenses jeopardizing the integrity of our program.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current CPI Training
- Understanding and training in:
- Consumer’s Rights/Abuse & Neglect
- Infection Control
- Medicaid Fraud/Whistleblower Protection
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and a passion for My Possibilities’ mission.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in social skills and leadership.
Will be overseeing HIPsters and working in conjunction with other Instructors.
Working conditions: This position will be required to:
- Sit, stand, and bend throughout the day
- Occasionally lift up to 75lbs.
- Clean up body fluids in order to maintain safety and dignity of HIPsters
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Kelsey Howell at email@example.com.