The Cleveland Institute of Music is a premier conservatory devoted to training the next generation of classical musicians. Our alumni earn jobs in the world's finest orchestras, opera companies, educational institutions and use their extraordinary talent and technical mastery to build lifelong careers in music.
Cleveland Institute of Music has created a new position for an Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator and International Student Advisor, providing data analytics for the Institute and specialized student support to international students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving as a Designated School Official (DSO); leading institutional data collection, organization and communication across departments; providing accurate and official data for assessment of student learning, internal and external publications, benchmarking, and strategic planning; advising of international students; and working with the registrar to maintain student records.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
As Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
- Establish sustainable processes for the collection, interpretation, and reporting of assessment data to drive evidence-based decision making for the improvement of student learning.
- Manage and oversee data collection, review, analysis and compilation of results in a variety of formats to inform both CIM employees and external stakeholders.
- Manage multiple short and long-term projects.
- Oversee accreditation materials collection, data reporting and organize accreditation visits.
- Develop research studies that will promote institutional learning related to benchmarking, institutional rankings, and strategic planning., including working with IPEDS data for benchmarking and historical institutional and peer comparison.
- Design, implement, analyze, and report research results related to enrollment management, student outcomes and strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees of all divisions throughout the Institute; function effectively as a team player.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
As International Student Advisor
- Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements. Organizes Student Exchange and Visitor Information System (SEVIS) data processing under the guidelines provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and maintains data and quality control management. Establishes, updates, and tracks SEVIS files on a quarterly basis.
- Provides accurate immigration information to international students, monitors and tracks student immigration status, and maintains appropriate files.
- Advises students with immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new I-20s, work authorization, reinstatement, reduced course load authorizations, assistance with change of status, medical leave and economic hardship employment authorization.
- Coordinates and plans programs that support the unique needs of F-1 international students including the development and implementation of retention strategies and new student orientation program. Teaches College Survival and Success credit courses and workshops, monitors at-risk students and provides customized intervention services.
- Provides active case management to an assigned caseload of students. Supports international students experiencing cross-cultural, family, personal or economic crisis, which may impact academic performance. Helps students to access appropriate community services and resources.
- Coordinates and provides academic advising services to international students to include evaluating student academic history, developing academic and career goals, and outlining appropriate classes and resources needed to achieve these goals.
- Conducts information degree audits, evaluates placement test scores and serves as student advocate in matters related to grievances, grading issues, tuition appeals and special financial arrangements.
- Assists international students with processing applications for work authorization, reinstatements, extensions of stay and other immigration related matters.
- Collaborates with registrar to maintain student records, such as transcripts, recital and jury evaluations, proofs of enrollment and loan deferments, and registration.
- Oversees peer advising programs.
- Recruits, trains and counsels student workers as needed.
- Participates in training and maintains a relationship with professional organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal rules and regulations.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in higher education administration, mathematics, computer science, statistics, business, data analytics, information management, or another related field required.
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
- 2-3 years direct experience required.
- Experience in higher education/institutional research environment, in advising and/or data analytics on a large-scale database, and in data cleaning, data merging, and data verification for accuracy and consistency.
- Experience in the classical music industry and/or higher education is beneficial.
- Proficiency using any statistical software packages and routinely accessing and querying enterprise data using effective tools or applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must possess database management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must be able to thrive in a collaborative and team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and able to overcome obstacles.
- The majority of the work will take place in the office with heavy phone and PC use.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid time off - vacation, personal and sick time. In addition, closed two weeks during the winter break.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid Short-term disability, Life and Long-term disability
- Retirement with a matching contribution after 1 year of service
- Tuition Assistance for employee and dependents
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to https://www.cim.edu/aboutcim