Location: Arizona-remote work position
Reports To: Senior Director, Programs and Services Field Operations
FSLA Class: Non-exempt, part time, hourly
The Arizona Information and Referral Coordinator connects people with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners to information, resources and services, and ensures education and support to healthcare professionals and the public to further APDA’s goals and meet the objectives of APDA’s mission. Every day, we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson’s disease live life to the fullest.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the geography and culture of Arizona, is Latino/a, bicultural and bilingual, has knowledge of Parkinson’s disease, healthcare and social service. Possesses relationship-building skills and communications strengths; and the ability to multitask, deliver exceptional customer service, and utilize keen problem solving and judgement skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
Programs and Services
- Accountable for day-to-day program delivery, including the provision of information and referral to individuals impacted by PD, facilitating the establishment and maintenance of support groups, and coordinating educational and awareness events and health and wellness activities.
- Facilitate educational workshops and seminars, at least 2 yearly symposia and execute all APDA signature programs, e.g., PRESS™ and PD: The Essentials.
- Maintains a working knowledge of APDA, Parkinson disease, treatment options and health care trends impacting our constituents.
- Communicates regularly with PD sponsored support groups and exercise programs.
- Ensures referral lists are up to date and accessible.
- Facilitates the distribution of educational materials in the community.
- Identifies program efficiencies and opportunities to better reach underserved communities through provider and community outreach and ongoing program improvements.
- Cultivates relationships with key medical professionals in the Parkinson field.
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all information.
- Represent APDA by serving as spokesperson at meetings, conferences, the press/media
- Serve as a community liaison at community events and meetings to promote APDA and raise program participation.
- Master’s preferred in a health-related or social service discipline. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a healthcare, health education, social service, or related field, designing and delivering community-based patient and caregiver programs and services, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Working Conditions, Physical Demands, Travel
- General Working Conditions: Remote; Work from Home
- Physical Demands: primarily a sedentary work environment, requirements along with the ability to stand, sit, feel, crawl, bend, reach; occasional need to lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc. use:
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to use common office equipment such as: telephone, scanner, computer, printer and copier.
- Computer programs including MS Office and Outlook, and related industry and functional databases.
- Travel requirements: Up to 25% travel (may be more during peak event periods) within area served by the chapter, and irregular hours including evening or weekend meetings, or events as needed.
Related Skills and Knowledge
- Completely fluent in Spanish and a keen understanding of the Latino culture, particularly in relationship to access to health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with all levels of volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively organize time, work independently, handle confidential material, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required to perform job.
- Computer proficiency in database management, MS Office/Outlook, social media and marketing platforms.
- Proficiency and knowledge of social media platforms, (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram).
- Results driven
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate and takes initiative
- Capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and prioritize tasks
- Team player attitude
- Managing performance
- Stakeholder focused and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Positive and professional demeanor and exceptional customer service skills
- Applies principles of confidentiality
- Trustworthy and flexible
APDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.