Becoming Independent is the North Bay's largest nonprofit human services organization dedicated to elevating human abilities by providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities. While providing life changing services to over 1,000 individuals we have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the North Bay Business journal 8 times in the past 9 years!
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the community through leadership and service? Join our team today as the Director of our Independent Living Services Department!
The Service Director will play a critical role in developing staff, providing quality support services, employee relations, and independent living skills development, which will position BI to provide excellent services to our participants focusing on, improved life skills, and community based opportunities. Expertise and demonstrated abilities in management, fiscal responsibility, general administration and client services will be an essential part of this position, ensuring focus on agency Core Beliefs and Principles.
Job duties include:
- Participant services and implementation of individual service plans (ISP)
- Recruitment, supervision, and training of staff members
- Maintaining effective relationships with staff, participants, and the community
- Overseeing administration and fiscal operations
- Develop proposals for grants and outside funding for the department
- Write reports and maintain records
The nature of this position requires a flexible schedule to accommodate the participants and will require some weekend and evening work.
- Bachelor's in Special Education, Rehabilitation, Business Management preferred.
- Four years experience providing direct services to people with development disabilities (5 without BA).
- Eighteen to twenty-four months experience managing human service delivery system.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, a clean driving record, and a CA driver's license
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 20 days paid vacation and 10 paid holidays per year
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match
- On site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement, and employee recognition activities
- Ongoing employee development and training to foster leadership and field specific skills
- The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic company culture and make a big difference
How To Apply
APPLY NOW! Please apply directly at:http://becomingindependent.org/careers/