Are you interested in using your human resources experience to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Are you a seasoned HR generalist looking to elevate your career to the next level? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
The Human Resources Manager manages the daily operations of the HR function including talent acquisition and retention, payroll, benefits, compensation and HRIS. Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Manager will ensure that HR programs, policies and initiatives support the overall mission, goals, and values of the Food Bank. This role will manage and develop the HR Coordinator and the department administrative assistant to establish strong working relationships across the organization at all levels, and serve as a trusted resource to staff and managers on HR-related matters.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 31 million meal annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts – which also include nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 person of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of generalist-level HR experience, including expertise in strategic staffing, manager coaching, building community relations and diversity resources.
- 2 years of experience managing and developing direct reports
- Stellar customer service skills with ability to communicate to different audiences
- Solid understanding of payroll, benefits, compensation, risk management and employee relations.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws, wage and hour regulations, and current human resources best practices.
- Excellent skills in strategic thinking, analysis, communications, managing projects, attention to detail
- Successful track record of executing projects independently from conception to completion
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based HRIS or customer relationship management systems
- Demonstrated experience with applicant tracking systems and job board tools
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task under strict timelines
- Ability to work with constant interruptions in an open-seating setting
- Intermediate to advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in areas of human resources, business, or organizational development
- Experience in implementing evolving HR technology including payroll, ATS, and HRIS systems
- Experience working in a small to mid-sized (50 -250 employee) organization in the nonprofit or professional services sectors
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- PHR/PHR-CA or SHRM-CP designation(s) or willingness to earn certification(s)
Personal Attributes and Values:
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- Servant-leadership mentality with a sense of humor!
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation, learning and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
This work is located in an office environment. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job: ability to site at a computer workstation for up to five hours at a time, ability to move throughout the 118,000 sq ft. Food Bank facility in performance of duties, and ability to bend, lift and carry up to 30 lbs. on occasion. Ability to communicate in clear speaking voice in person, before large groups and over the phone. Ability to interpret instructions and questions when asked. Ability to operate computer equipment. Insurable driving record with access to transportation to travel to local events and meetings with external parties.
This is a full-time exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The starting annualized salary range for this position is $75,420- $77,534 based upon a 37.5 hour workweek. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Generous vacation , sick and holiday leave accruals
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!