Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Job Type: Full Time Exempt Plus Benefits
Salary: $80,000 - 85,000 Annual Salary DOE.
Location: Challengers Clubhouse - 5029 S Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Human Resources Manager will act as a senior leader and partner with the leadership team by managing, planning and administering policies, programs, and processes related to Human Resources. Duties will involve managing and administering activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, rewards & benefits, training & development and talent management.
People are our most important asset and the Human Resources Manager will ensure employees work to realize BGCMLA mission and objectives. The Human Resources Manager will promote organization values and shape a positive culture.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage and implement the recruitment and selection process, partner with managers to develop job description and attract and hire the right talent in the right roles
- Manage current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Direct, develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Manage and nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Direct and maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Manage and assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Ensure all employment practices comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- May represent company at personnel-related hearing and investigations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the VP of Operations.
Internal: Frequent contact with leadership and staff.
External: Regular contact with stakeholders, vendors, and professional associates.
Requirement and Skills
- Proven working experience as HR Manager
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and Hr best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of National Criminal History Background check is required.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are primarily an office setting, long hours of close work at desk and / or computer terminal; frequent interruptions via in-person contact, phone calls, and email. Occasional travel will be required to various communities and businesses in the region. Physical exertion may be required to lift supplies and equipment. The ability to travel commercially and to communicate orally and in writing / typing are required to perform the essential functions of the job.
Work is performed mainly during regular office hours; however, incumbent may be required to attend meetings or agency events outside regular office hours.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCMLA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, & local law.