The HRIS Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of HRIS system administration including core HCM applications as well as data connections to various Payroll, Benefits, LMS, IT and 3rd party applications. The HRIS Manager will provide advanced expertise in Ceridian for process analysis, system design, data conversation and problem-solving in complex, multi-system environments with a focus on end to end process and organization impacts. The HRIS Manager will act as the liaison between organizational teams, application vendors and IT for guidance on system integrations, and regular troubleshooting.
The HRIS Manager will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements to effective system design recommendations, system/data analysis and leading or participating in testing and deployment activities across various HR/Payroll system functions. The HRIS Manager will influence and contribute to system decision-making, scoping and planning for HR system projects in support of the overall HR strategy; lead small and medium system upgrades, feature releases, interfaces and data conversion projects across functional areas of HR and provide direction for project team members. This role will drive impact and foster a culture that is grounded in Justice, Equity, Inclusion & Diversity (JEDI) and Tides core values - Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the subject matter expert and lead the HRIS (Ceridian) implementation in partnerships with various organization stakeholders and technology teams.
- Serve as an advanced subject matter expert for optimizing Cerdian for design, configuration, operation and day to day administration
- Configure and manage Cerdian business processes for Core HCM, Talent, Time Tracking and other core Ceridian functional areas
- Manage all security role configurations and assignments for all Ceridian users and maintain security group policies.
- Work collaboratively with HR and other teams to troubleshoot, research and escalate issues as necessary ensuring that users are updated on the status and addressing issues timely.
- Identify and mitigate security design risks to ensure Ceridian security role assignments and processes meet SOX control requirements
- Lead design and implementation of Ceridian interfaces, error handling and custom process builds.
- Lead and or participate in system related aspects of special projects/annual activities in partnership with other HR business partners (Performance Management Process, Annual Benefit enrollment process, etc.)
- Provide guidance on reporting strategy including continuous enhancement of reporting capabilities. Analyze data structures and meet complex information needs through established reports or utilization of various tools and applications to develop new reports and analysis for HR and other business users
- Monitor and research system integration issues around data mapping, system performance scheduling and file transmissions. Coordinate and communicate resolution issues with various teams.
- Provide guidance and training for all HRIS users on HRIS operations, processes, procedure and research/analysis approaches
- Create, conduct and document training for organization super users on relevant HRIS applications including features, upgrades and procedures.
- Prepare for and respond to internal and external audit requests by maintaining data integrity and data retrieval protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in full software stack of Ceridian Dayforce HCM and/or other associated platforms strongly preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal laws governing HR/Payroll common practices and compliance protocols strongly preferred
- Able to translate business objectives and unmet needs into a clear vision and roadmap, with rigorous requirements and support the execution of that vision
- Strong cross functional partner - able to work with stakeholders across the business, bridging the gap between technical and non -technical professionals
- Ability to work with organization stakeholders on challenging and complex business problems in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, vagueness, and complexity. Highly autonomous and emotionally intelligent.
- Customer service oriented with a passion for helping others solve problems by seeking out solutions and anticipating needs; self starter who acts ahead of direct guidance in a fast-past environment.
- A problem-solver - eager to optimize projects and processes for overall business operational efficiency.
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive when necessary.
- Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy, a “No task is too small” mentality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or HR related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years demonstrated experience leading or supporting HRIS implementations with complex HR and Payroll systems (Ceridian, Workday, Oracle, ADP, SuccessFactors) in partnership with various organization stakeholders
- 7+ years experience leveraging reporting tools and techniques for HR, Payroll for large, complex organizations from multiple systems and sources preferred
- Expertise in functional modules of Ceridian Dayforce preferred (Core HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time Tracking and Security)
- Experience using MS Office Suite to manipulate data, validate and visually represent information for presentations
- Strong experience with process and project management including exercising good judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results with teams through direct and indirect management
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities and strong written and verbal communication.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.