Ashbrook Independent School, located in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon, is looking for its next Head of School starting Summer 2021.
We have bright, motivated students from Pre-K through eighth grade and engaged, thoughtful parents; an ambitious, high-performing faculty; a stunning and well-appointed facility; a scenic location near Oregon State University, sports, culture, and the outdoors; and supportive donors and board. It’s time for us to find our next head of school. If we are a good fit for one another, you will enthusiastically represent the school in the community, continue to galvanize our community of parents and students, and act as a mentor to our administrators and teachers as they grow their careers and skillsets.
- Represent: You use your natural sociability to seek out opportunities to welcome the Corvallis community onto our beautiful campus and to increase awareness of the school and its mission in the community. You learn about how parents in the area choose schools for their children and educate them about the unique offering that our school represents. You cultivate relationships with major donors, bringing them to campus regularly to get to know the teachers and grow in their connection to the school. You support the Board of Trustees so they can effectively guide the school and act as ambassadors for the school.
- Galvanize: You bring the Ashbrook Independent School community together and inspire them with your authentic public speaking, clear writing, and empathetic 1:1 communication skills. In addition to planned written and oral communication, you are the person whom our teachers and parents approach with difficult situations, and you resolve them with kindness, patience, and openness.
- Mentor: You guide an unparalleled team in the Beginning, Lower, and Middle Schools. You give administrators and faculty formal and informal feedback that helps them grow in their ability to create engaging, rigorous curriculum and classroom experiences while making them feel supported in their work. You enjoy articulating a vision for what an institution of educational and operational excellence looks like. When you are ready to leave the role, you will have prepared the junior administrators to succeed you.
- Administer: Along with your team, you keep all functions of the school organized, aligned, and safe. You handle the details that meet and exceed the community's high expectations.
We believe that you have certain qualifications.
- Track record: We think you have a track record of success in a previous headship of a small school or are a rising administrator of a small school looking for a first headship. You have ambitious standards that originated during your many years in the classroom; they also reflect your high level of knowledge of curriculum and practices. You have cultivated fun places to work where people love to collaborate every day.
- Education: You probably hold an advanced degree in education or educational leadership. But more importantly, you model lifelong learning for your teachers and students through ongoing formal education, informal education, and a deep spirit of open-mindedness, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.
Does this opportunity intrigue you? If so, we invite you to apply online to learn more. Please apply as soon as possible for a July 1, 2021 start date. Inquiries will be considered as they arrive and will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
We are proud to offer generous compensation packages and benefits -- including tuition discounts. We would be delighted to help partners find professional opportunities in the area as needed.