We are seeking a Project Coordinator for Green Workforce Development to support SEI’s sustainability-focused workforce development programs in the Pacific Northwest. This Project Coordinator will primarily hold a leading role in growing the reach and impact of the Climate Corps program, advancing sustainability solutions with organizations as we foster emerging leaders. The transformational change we are driving towards is a trained and capable workforce able to meet the pressing climate challenge. This position will also support the Energize Careers program, which creates a diverse and representational sustainability workforce through industry-advised training of people who experience systemic barriers to high-road employment.
PROJECT COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentoring Climate Corps Fellows as they develop real-world skills to build a career in the sustainability field.
- Organize workshops and events for Climate Corps Fellows in the region.
- Lead strategic planning and execution for projects and program areas including setting goals, establishing timelines, and ensuring institutional knowledge is passed down.
- Support with partner outreach, grant proposal writing, instructional planning, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure DEI principles are integrated into project work plans, data collection, analysis and evaluations, reporting, and external project and program communications.
- Work across project teams to plan for, implement, invoice for, and report on projects and programs.
- Support project finances, including budgeting and invoicing.
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in a sustainability-related field or commensurate work experience in a sustainability field
- Two to Four years experience in project management, workforce development, community engagement, and/or event planning and coordination.
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Experience with and interest in various technologies as well as competency across the Google and Microsoft suites of software. Aptitude and willingness to quickly learn industry or project-specific software.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/partners, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to empathize with others.
- Experience and aptitude for rapport building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients.
- Genuine commitment to anti-racism and willingness to work in racial equity frameworks and experience in addressing racism and racial equity with team members and programmatically.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Greater work-life balance and better personal wellbeing.
- A starting wage of $33.00 an hour
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
- Generous paid time off and 14 paid holidays
- Employer pays 100% of medical, dental, and vision healthcare insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- The ability to do what you do best; the opportunity to do work you are naturally gifted at and trained to do
- An equitable and inclusive workplace committed to concrete, substantial change, beyond platitudes
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 25 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page for this open position HERE and fill out the application form! SEI requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accommodations made for religious or medical purposes.