Maddie's Fund is a family foundation founded in 1994 by Workday co-founder Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl, who have endowed the Foundation with more than $300 million. Since then, they have awarded more than $172 million in grants toward increased community lifesaving, shelter medicine education, and pet adoptions across the U.S. The Duffields named Maddie's Fund after their Miniature Schnauzer, Maddie, who always made them laugh and comforted them during stressful business times when Dave was launching a startup software company. Maddie was with Dave and Cheryl from 1987-1997 and continues to inspire them today.
Maddie’s Fund is the fulfillment of a promise to an inspirational dog and the creation of a goal towards achieving a no-kill nation where all healthy and treatable shelter dogs and cats are guaranteed a loving home. #ThanksToMaddie.
Under the guidance of the Director of Grants, provides functional support for administering assigned grants programs. This may include preparation and tracking grant authorizations, confirmation letters, payments and general correspondence with grantees. Assist grantees with Portal access, reporting requirements and grant-related questions.
Participates in cross-functional team review of applications for assigned grant programs and prepares Board Summaries for grant approval.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with Marketing/Communications for Maddie Recognition and relevant teams (Education, Research, etc.) for assigned grant programs.
- Ensure grant requests and associated records are up to date in foundationConnect and Quickbooks. Maintain grants files and records.
- Prepare Board Summaries and Approval Requests, confirmation letters and payment letters.
- Process grant payments.
- Ensure reporting requirements for grantees are met, including narrative reports, financial reports, shelter statistics and Maddie Recognition.
- Respond to written and phone grant inquiries generated by the website and Foundation publications. Formulate responses to routine and sensitive correspondence, memos and other related documents with minimal direction. Maintain communication with the grantees and potential grantees as appropriate.
- Draft grants-related content for website and various internal and external documents.
- Assist in the preparation of regular and special reports as needed.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with company policies. In addition to specific items listed in each specialist’s duties below:
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining office supplies; ensuring there is a ready supply of stocked items on hand, as well as, placing orders for drinks, snacks and office supplies in a timely manner
- Maintains card inventory and is responsible for getting all birthday, sympathy, get well, etc. cards signed and sent out; responsible for ordering flowers when needed and ordering/sending holiday gifts; responsible for business cards
- Arranges lunches and breakfasts for large meetings as needed
- Coordinates bi-annual (potentially quarterly) activities for the Social Committee
- Perform duties in a manner that encourages attainment of all foundation goals and creates a public image beneficial to the foundation.
- Contribute to effective teamwork and promote cooperation.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and local safety regulations and laws as well as Foundation policy and guidelines. Perform duties in a safe manner that assures the safety of oneself and others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Communications, English, Social Science, Non-Profit Management or related field
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your cover letter should include the following:
- Why do you want to work for Maddie's Fund?
- How will you add immediate value in this role?
- Describe key competencies that you feel would define your success in this position.
This Position is located in Pleasanton, CA.