Summary: This position is responsible for achieving revenue goals through public and private grant applications. This position oversees grant writing and research, manages grant writers/consultants, and helps ensure the long-term sustainability and expansion of the organization. Activities include funder identification and cultivation, project management, research, and editing/writing of competitive proposals.
- Management and operations – Oversee all grant writing, research, and reporting activities. Develop and maintain grants plan, calendar, and quarterly reports.
- Funder cultivation and retention – In partnership with the VP of Development, identify new foundation funding sources, act as primary point of contact, and maintain ongoing relationships. Develop strategies to retain and enhance relationships with foundations, corporations, and government funders.
- Proposal writing and editing –Review and edit proposals written by staff. Develop and write compelling proposals in response to foundation, corporate, and government RFPs. Seek funding for strategic initiatives.
- Database management – Manage and maintain foundation, corporate, and government submission, award, and reporting records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Reporting –Prepare reports for Board of Directors and CEO detailing grant-related activities, including proposals submitted, funds raised, and prospects identified.
- Research and trends – Conduct regular research to identify new sources of funding for programs. Track relevant fundraising/industry statistics and trends via news sources, research studies, and reports and incorporate findings into strategies, goals, and proposals.
- Compliance – Work with program and finance staff to ensure contract compliance and timely submission of reports.
- Meeting Facilitation and Leadership – lead senior staff, leadership, and program teams through grant concepting, planning, and launch meetings.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area with three or more years of related work experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, strong writing and editing skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, often on a time-sensitive basis;
- Proven ability to manage projects across departments, engaging staff to meet goals and deadlines
- Able to work independently and interest in identifying new areas for funding and strategic advancement to support organization’s mission;
- Experience working in a team environment, and able to work collaboratively with department team members;
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise sound judgement;
- Familiarity with the social determinants of health, the heath care sector, and aging services;
- Experience writing winning grants and cultivating positive relationships with funders;
- Ability to communicate effectively and target and adapt messages to specific constituencies while sustaining a consistent message;
- Able to track and monitor grants, reporting timelines, and project’s progress;
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple players, competing priorities, and significant barriers.
- “EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”
How To Apply
Email resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org