The Grants and Project Manager leads and develops core projects to the California Black Health Network (CBHN) and coordinates across projects. This position is responsible for managing grant reporting and proposal development through tracking and analyzing grant deliverables, developing grant proposals and reports, assisting with individual giving campaigns, and conducting research on potential fundraising opportunities. They are also responsible for event planning including managing event logistics statewide, conducting outreach, and conducting analysis and material development for events.
A Grants and Project Manager should:
• Lead and develop complex projects with minimal supervision including
developing work plans with personal and team activities, timelines and actions.
• Communicate complex issues with external and internal audiences in a clear and credible manner.
• Work effectively with colleagues to coordinate strategies and activities across teams, and effectively confront and manage difficult situations
• Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for all communities and cultures among staff and partners.
• Respond positively and productively to challenges and accepts new goals, priorities or procedures, and is able to manage multiple requests and make changes based on understanding of priorities.
• Seek out and implement opportunities to improve processes and work results.
• Exhibit relationship management skills such as proactively engage in and promote clear communication of information and needs within relationships.
• Critically evaluate diverse and complex sources of information, and identify strategies based on findings.
• Act decisively, engaging in timely and quality decision making.
• Create an atmosphere of respect, helpfulness, and cooperation, and provide effective coaching and development to staff to improve quality.
• Manage event logistics in statewide, including securing venues and catering, securing interpreters, compiling resources and speaker presentations, assembling meeting packets, sending thank you notes to speakers, compiling and analyzing participant evaluation forms, and taking meeting minutes.
• Conduct outreach to members and partners to increase awareness and participation in events.
• Compile, analyze, and organize data and meeting findings for internal and external distribution.
• Conduct policy analysis and draft materials for events including outreach and education for policy agenda and partners trainings.
Grant Writing and Coordination
• Manage the development of grant proposals and reports including tracking progress for grant objectives, drafting reports, and coordinating staff input and finalization.
• Manage the development of sponsorships including tracking the status of requests and necessary follow-up.
• Manage and maintain documentation and reporting documents for files.
• Manage the development of fundraising appeals through direct and electronic mail: including drafting the year-end fundraising appeal.
• Work with the Chief Executive Officer and Board on Board giving and
fundraising through participation in the Board Fundraising Committee.
• Manage and conduct research on potential fundraising activities and funders aligned with CBHN’s mission, values, and policy work and develops a workplan for identifying and implementing new fundraising strategies.
• Manage and analyze grant evaluation indicators including media inquiries, website statistics, social media metrics, email campaigns, events, actions taken, policy
successes (bills signed and letters of support sent), and utilization of CBHN as a resource.
Communications and Technology
• Assist with reports and communications including coordinating and editing reports and fact sheets; e-newsletters and blogs; website content; and action and policy alerts.
• Provide basic IT support and troubleshoot technical issues for CBHN staff.
• Report to Executive Director on a regular basis through scheduled supervision meetings and participate in staff meetings.
• Coordinate special projects, assignments, and activities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
• At least two years of experience supporting events and grants coordination.
• Strong writing skills including proofreading and editing.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with supervisor in a remote office if necessary.
• Comfortable working in a small office environment where hard work, a sense of humor, and flexibility are highly valued.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet conflicting deadlines within a dynamic environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and professionally with diverse staff, Board, constituents, and stakeholders.
• Work is primarily sedentary with some light work.
• Must be able to exert or lift up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
• Travel may be necessary up to 10%.
• Office has open layout with sound and temperature variability.
• Skilled operation of computer, copier and telephone is required.
• Comfortable working with databases, social media and various online meeting platforms.
• Interest in CBHN’s mission, programs, and relevant public policy issues.
$65,000 – $70,000 (DOE). Excellent benefits provided by employer.
How To Apply
Submit your application in ONE WORD or PDF document including a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no longer than 5 pages) to:
email@example.com subject: Project and Grants Manager application.
Position open until filled. ONLY INDIVIDUALS WITH GRANTS/PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE PLEASE APPLY.
CBHN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.