The General Counsel oversees all legal matters of the organization, including acting as HoG’s legal representative. They are a member of the executive leadership team and provides legal advice and strategies to the management team. The General Counsel ensures compliance in all business operations and shields the organization from legal risks. They develop company policy and position on legal issues, reviews and writes various internal legal documents, negotiates and manages client and vendor contracts and agreements. They oversee and manage all intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree in law-related field and Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Licensed to practice law in Georgia with license in good standing and current
- 5-7 years’ experience in corporate or business law, experience in healthcare policy and regulations is required
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong time management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret regulatory language
- Ability to translate regulatory language into policy and procedures for HoG staff and managers
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills with good problem-solving ability
- Excellent public speaking, oral and written communication skills
- High level of ethics and confidentiality
How To Apply
Please apply at Careers > About Us > Hemophilia of Georgia (hog.org).