Description of the position
Reporting directly to the Directors and owner, the Fundraising Manager is a senior staff member who manages the organization’s key fundraising initiatives in the Miami area: individual giving, special events, and grants. Working within a small and highly dedicated team, the Fundraising Manager will lead donor cultivation, fundraising events and initiatives, institutional grants and partnerships, on behalf of the organization.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference, results-oriented and entrepreneurial with knowledge or interest in the art market, hardworking, focused, and positive we encourage you to apply!
Duty and Responsibilities
- Identify, cultivate and advance prospective donors to secure major gifts through donor relations, giving campaigns, corporate support, and foundations.
- Build relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate representatives, foundations and current and prospective donors.
• Create specific and individualized cultivation plans and make direct asks for gifts
• Craft compelling events, experiences, and programs that engage donors at various levels of giving and directly involve Fundacion Pablo Atchugarry’s ethos, programs and artists
• Maintain the organization’s grant calendar and work alongside junior staff in writing and submitting government and foundation grants and reports, ensuring all deadlines are met
• Speak and write passionately and genuinely about Fundacion Pablo Atchugarry’s mission, programs and values with confidence and be overall knowledgeable and articulate about contemporary art with diverse constituents
• Work side-by-side with a small and highly engaged team including Directors and owner and help to manage junior staff and interns
• Manage gift and grant processing and handle acknowledgements and renewal calendars
• Develop methods to continuously assess the effectiveness of programs and strategies and be willing to try out new ideas
- Performs general office duties (inventory, public greeting, monthly receipts, etc), attends meetings
- All other duties involved
- Familiarity with government and foundation grants and reporting
• Demonstrated aptitude with budgets and financial documentation
• Strategic thinker able to conceptualize and implement ideas effectively
• Strong organizational abilities and leadership skills
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Effective and professional negotiating and diplomacy skills
• Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet goals and deadline
- Must be self-motivated, hardworking, punctual, able to worked unsupervised
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with collectors, artists, interns, board and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills
- Proven track record of securing individual gifts
- Familiarity with Miami’s fundraising sources, foundations, and arts patronage circles is essential
- Fundraising experience that includes everything from research to cultivation to solicitation to stewardship is desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in fundraising or non-profit development in the arts
- Bachelor degree in related field (Management/Marketing/Philanthropy)
- Prior experience planning small- to large-scale fundraising events
- Fluent in Spanish, additional language is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, Mac skills, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Valid driver license
- Knowledge of Latin American art and Contemporary Art is a plus and interest in working directly with patrons, foundations, and artists is crucial.
How To Apply
Deadline for Applicants: Friday, November 20th
Candidates must send the following email@example.com to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Please write “Fundacion Pablo Atchugarry” in the email title