Piggy Bank is seeking a communications and fundraising officer to support the launch and ongoing operations of a heritage pig farm. This position will play a key role at Piggy Bank and will spearhead the overall fundraising and communications strategies outlined by the Project Director.
About Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is a farm-in-the-making which, in addition to serving as a living genetic sanctuary to preserve rare heritage pig species, will provide an open forum about heritage breed pig farming, where the public will have access to information on all heritage breed pigs and free access to business plans written by other farmers. Heritage pigs are uniquely adapted to particular climates and terrains, and are raised by small-scale family farmers that care about sustainable farming. Heritage pig farms give pigs unlimited access to open pasture and range, where they have sunlight and can exhibit their natural foraging behavior. Pigs are also free from routine prophylactic antibiotics and from administered growth hormones. By providing easily accessible information about sustainable heritage breed farming practices, more farmers can focus on heritage pig farming. This commitment will increase the availability of higher quality, sustainable pork available in local and regional foods systems throughout the country.
● Create a fundraising and marketing calendar that informs strategic funding and communications goals.
● Develop strategies to cultivate a portfolio of high-profile, high-net-worth donors. Strategies may include the development of:
- donor’s circle
- ambassador program
- naming and sponsorship opportunities
● Manage donor-related information and stewardship activities
● Develop and implement sustaining fundraising strategy for the ongoing operations of the farm including:
- direct mail appeals
- monthly donor program
- sponsor-a-pig/farm program
- online crowdfunding campaigns
● Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop approach strategies
● Manage launch event logistics for Piggy Bank’s inaugural farm
- Coordinate media outreach and social media strategy for launch event.
- Work with our fiscal sponsor, crafting and sending invitations, day-of logistics, and post- event follow-up activities. Ensure smooth operations for all participants.
● Ongoing PR and media outreach
- Develop and pitch news opportunities to relevant journalists and media outlets. Cultivate positive working relationships with those who are involved in areas of influence for Piggy Bank’s mission.
● Implement strategies for growing Piggy Bank’s social media presence
- Communicate regularly with our network via emails and on social media, including writing and building regular email blasts and social media posts.
The position may require some domestic travel pending events and launch of the farm. No international travel is required.
The ideal candidate for this position should have exceptional interpersonal skills and maintain a high level of professionalism for interacting with high-net-worth donors. Relationship-building is a key component of this job. Candidates should possess strong speaking and writing abilities, have customer service in their DNA, and be self-described as a “people person”. Strong candidates are great team players and deep listeners, and they thrive in a startup, creative environment. If you are diplomatic, articulate, tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and you understand how social media is used in outreach and fundraising, we’d love to hear from you.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This is an hourly-paid contract position with an anticipated work week of 6-8 hours. The Fundraising and Communications Officer is a remote position. Office space and equipment is not provided.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First screening will occur on March 15th. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Piggy Bank: Fundraising and Communications Officer Application” in the subject line explaining why you are interested in this position. Please describe your relevant experience and qualifications and include your salary requirements. No calls or faxes please. No agencies please.
Piggy Bank is project of Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a growing portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world (www.multiplier.org). Multiplier celebrates diversity and is committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier is also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non- merit-based factor.