We're looking for a Fund Development Specialist for our Sacramento, CA Corporate Office Team!
LifeSTEPS is committed to build thriving communities by empowering individuals and families through supportive housing and services. The STEP in LifeSTEPS stands for “Skills Training and Educational Programs” and is the heart of our mission. We believe community development is built “One STEP at a time.” Our vision is that every person served by LifeSTEPS will be empowered with the skills, resources, and support to maintain stable housing and break the cycle of poverty. Our founders believe that building affordable housing is only the first step. It is also essential to provide meaningful programs that empower people to move forward in their lives.
LifeSTEPS, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. It was founded in 1996 and currently has over 300 partnered affordable housing properties all over the state of California. We serve several regions from Sacramento, Bay Area, South Bay, Central Valley, LA Valley, Desert and LA South Region. We work with 90,000 residents all over the state and we’re on a mission to provide effective educational and supportive services to maximize the strengths of individuals and build resilient communities.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in the lives of those we serve, your benefit package includes the following:
- Competitive pay based on skill and experience
- Medical, Dental Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Identity Theft Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeSTEPS Perks Program
About the position
The Fund Development Specialist will work closely with members of the Fund Development Department to help plan and execute the resource development strategy for LifeSTEPS. The position requires a creative and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, training, grant writing, networking and analytical capabilities. The successful candidate must have the desire, aptitude and experience to cultivate relationships with prospective philanthropic, business and civic communities. The candidate must thrive in an active office environment that is informal, yet professional, and maintain a positive approach in confronting work challenges.
- Help develop, implement, and manage short and long-term fundraising strategies to achieve a mix of individual, foundation, government and corporate support.
- Participate in development of a comprehensive grants strategy with the Director of Development.
- Develop annual fund plan to support LifeSTEPS programs and administrative areas.
- Manage the donor database; ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Help coordinate the organization’s marketing and public relations materials.
- Develop content for the organization’s website, promotional materials, and promotional pieces including client success stories.
- Oversee and ensure prompt reporting of all donations into the database as well as dissemination of necessary details to other departments (i.e. finance/accounting).
- Cultivate and nurture key relationships with partners and donors; manage key partnership funds and projects, including coaching speakers for partner and community events.
- Assist in analyzing and reporting on grant, in-kind, and donation trends with the goal of directing our efforts to maximize impact for the residents.
- Produce monthly financial and donation reports for partners and internal staff.
- Ensure restricted funds are spent according to the terms of grant contracts and/or specific donor requests.
- Provide consultation to staff with respect to restricted funds spending and client assistance process.
- Work with department staff to assist Fund Development Director in developing annual workflow, including the department’s annual blueprint and budget.
- Prospect and write grant applications and proposals to various types of funders.
- Write, edit, and format direct mail and digital appeals. Work with vendors to execute dissemination of appeal materials.
- Work closely with regional field staff on fundraising requests and projects, as well as outreach initiatives.
- Assist with monthly meetings with one of LifeSTEPS largest stakeholders as needed.
- Official Job Title: Fund Development Specialist
- Job classification: Exempt, 40 hours/week
- Job location: Sacramento, CA 95827
- Pay: DOE
- Desired Experience:
- Has fund development/ fundraising experience, including grants writing and experience working in a non-profit preferred.
Education and/or Experience and/or License Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, public relations or related field.
- Two (2) years of development experience in fundraising; generally: donor development, grant writing, event planning, direct mail, and publications.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
Are you ready to make a difference, stand behind and support individuals and families so they achieve their goals and become empowered to move forward in their lives? Apply today!!!
LifeSTEPS values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at LifeSTEPS means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age or covered veteran status. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.