Looking for your next venture? Do you want to have meaningful impact in a small association?
Located in the metropolitan Washington, DC area, the American Academy of Audiology is the world’s largest professional organization of, by and for audiologists. Representing the interests of approximately 14,000 audiologists nationwide, the Academy is dedicated to providing quality hearing care services through professional development, education, research, and increased public awareness of hearing and balance disorders.
The Foundation Senior Manager at the American Academy of Audiology Foundation provides staff support for all Foundation activities and serves as the staff liaison to the Foundation Board and its related committees. The AAA Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to serving those with hearing and balance issues through research, education, and public awareness. In conjunction with the Board, the Foundation Senior Manager develops a strategy for raising the visibility of the Foundation’s work and increasing donations and the percentage of members who contribute, as well as develops a strategy to obtain corporate contributions and grants to support the mission of the Foundation. Also, the Foundation Senior Manager maintains the Foundation budget and coordinates Academy resources needed to support the Foundation. S/he is accountable for Board of Trustees member engagement, Board member communications, and technical assistance to Board members.
While the Foundation Senior Manager will have the support of Academy staff, they will be the sole dedicated position to the Foundation. The successful candidate will be a generalist fundraiser with experience raising support for different revenue streams. The right candidate should be looking for a role where they can demonstrate and grow their ability to lead and think strategically for organization setting a new course.
What you'll get to do:
Fundraising and Program Management
• Develop and implement a fundraising strategy, including revenue-generating initiatives and activities across multiple streams including member fundraising, direct mail, digital appeals, industry sponsorships, events, and other partnerships.
• Maintain or enhance existing grant-making/scholarship programs and develop and implement new ones.
• Coordinate the Foundation’s activities related to the Academy’s annual conference; work with Academy staff on logistics and implementation.
• Manage and execute core Foundation events.
• Maintain the Foundation Program Analysis using financial and other data.
• Aid in the development of the Foundation annual budget and assist in the reporting of financial data to the Board.
• Structure and facilitate Board of Trustees and committee meetings
• Develop and lead Board on-boarding and training in fundraising expectations
• Support individual Board members in their fulfillment of duties to the AAA Foundation, including but not limited to providing ask training, prospect research reports, compiling data, and drafting template language for outreach.
Marketing and Communications
• Work with the Academy communications team to help promote the Foundation as the philanthropic arm of the Academy.
• Work with the Academy communications to help create, develop, and implement marketing and communications that advance the Foundation’s fundraising efforts, recognize donors, and promote the grant-making programs/scholarships and other AAAF activities.
• Help develop and coordinate impactful communication pieces including the Annual Report, news articles, social media posts, press releases, etc.
• Work with the Academy’s communications team to help maintain the Foundation’s Web site and contribute to its content.
• Speak effectively before groups of members, potential donors, or employees of corporate donors.
• Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with all levels of management, staff, and Board.
What you'll bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least five to seven years experience managing a fundraising program, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of fundraising, marketing/communications, and successful track record working with Boards and volunteer leaders are required.
• Experience in grant writing and grant administration, preferred.
• Familiarity with volunteer and program management is preferred.
• Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders, and team members at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, required. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, required.
• Database management knowledge preferred.
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Life and disability insurance
• 401(k) with a generous match
How To Apply
Please send your resume, salary expectations, and a brief statement of interest to Rebecca Lertora- email@example.com