You can Count on Columbia Bank for all your personal banking needs in New Jersey. We’re more than just a bank – we’re your personal banker for life. Columbia Bank's personal bank accounts are not just a safe place to save your money. As the largest independent bank in New Jersey, Columbia Bank is motivated by forming long-term relationships with our customers, rather than the stock market. Our team of experienced banking professionals provides our customers and the communities of New Jersey with unprecedented service and financial security. With 48 full-service branches in New Jersey, we believe that’s why individuals and families across New Jersey Count on Columbia to manage their personal bank accounts. Checking Accounts, Savings and Investment Accounts, Lending Services Already have a personal bank account with us? We also offer business banking services, with the same service standard and financial stability that guide our personal bank account management.
The mission of our Columbia Bank Foundation is to make a "measureable difference in people's lives." We achieve this goal by issuing community grants to local charitable and community organizations, especially those promoting health and human services, affordable housing, community investment, economic development, and financial literacy.
In the past, the Columbia Bank Foundation has served the needs of our local community by providing funding and resources to important nonprofit organizations. Our grants have helped build affordable housing, expand and enhance healthcare facilities, and have also provided funding for schools across New Jersey. Visit our Media Center to see all of the ways Columbia Bank has made a difference throughout our community.
Location(s): Corporate Headquarters - Fair Lawn, NJ
Description: The Executive Director is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of strategies to support the Columbia Bank Foundation cultivating partnerships and fostering community relationships across the bank's footprint. Directs and oversees all policies, objectives and initiatives regarding the Columbia Bank Foundation. Develops polices designed to maximize the effectiveness of foundation giving and develops goals and strategies for all foundation campaigns. Responsible for increasing the visibility of the Bank in its market areas. Represents the Foundation and Bank at charity events.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a field conducive to fundraising success;
- Minimum of 5 years of successful foundation management and grant review experience preferably in a financial institution;
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering strategies to support foundation requirements;
- Experience in Foundation Board development, annual giving, foundation and corporate relations, and grant funding and implementation;
- Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to the Bank and outside organizations; Strong public speaking skills;
- Knowledge of local non-profits, social services, mental health and/or healthcare industries and the current trends in the field;
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills; Compiles and analyzes data as it relates to the Foundation;
- Experience in planning and implementing program components. Ability to prepare and administer Foundation’s budget;
- Able to deal effectively with, and provide excellent service to internal and external clients;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- Manages the Bank’s charitable giving program. Reviews all grant proposals and requests for Foundation support and determines eligibility to present to the Foundation Board for approval. Responsible for the development, planning and implementation of strategies to support the Columbia Bank Foundation cultivating partnerships and fostering community relationships across the bank's footprint.
- Reviews and evaluates all charitable requests. Makes recommendations to the Foundation Committee concerning donations and complementary programs to support the foundations impact and effectiveness.
- Works closely with the CEO and the Bank’s Foundation Board to ensure key messages are developed appropriately, executed accurately and on a timely basis and that key Foundation messages are consistent across all platforms.
- Recommends public relations campaigns designed to increase the community’s awareness of the Foundation’s programs and events and its positive impact within the Columbia Bank footprint. Develops accurate and strategic audience targeting to ensure Foundation communications reach the right audiences using the most effective print and electronic mediums.
- Acts as an internal and external ambassador between the Bank, Foundation and the community. Represents the Foundation and the Bank at Charity events.
- Directs and oversees all policies, objectives and initiatives regarding the Columbia Bank Foundation. Develops polices designed to maximize foundation funding and develops goals and strategies for all foundation campaigns.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the President, CEO and/or the Foundation Board.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to: email@example.com
With Subject: Foundation Executive Director