The Personnel Commission of the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is currently recruiting for a Foundation Development Assistant. A Foundation Development Assistant performs the day-to-day clerical and technical duties associated with a college or District-wide foundation office and assists foundation management in the development and coordination of fund raising activities, publicity and marketing activities, donor relations, and event planning.
MONTHLY SALARY: $3,964.92 - $4,911.82 ($47,579 to $58,941 annually)
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
A current vacancy exists at Los Angeles Valley College, 5800 Fulton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 91401.
- District-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for employee and dependents.
- $50,000 District-paid life insurance policy.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- A minimum of 15 paid holidays per year.
- Up to 24 days of vacation annually depending on years of service
- Public Employees Retirement System.
- Employee Assistance Program
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
Education and Experience:
- An associate degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university preferably including coursework in public relations, business administration, computer applications and office technologies (CAOT), journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field ANDone year of paid or volunteer experience with an educational foundation, community involvement, public service, or non-profit group which included responsibility for fundraising, funds accounting, and event planning.
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND three years of paid or volunteer experience with an educational foundation, community involvement, public service, or non-profit group which included responsibility for fundraising, funds accounting, and event planning. College-level coursework in public relations, business administration, computer applications and office technologies (CAOT), journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field is desirable.
- Any equivalent combination of A. and B. above.
A valid Class "C" California driver's license may be required for some positions.
Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test, and/or oral interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system – https://jobapscloud.com/laccd by Friday, March 27, 2020, 4:00 p.m. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
PH (213) 891-2129
TDD: (213) 891-2408
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:30PM
The Los Angeles Community College District is the largest community college district in the nation offering educational opportunities to students in more than 40 cities covering an area of 882 square miles serving approximately 9.8 million residents. The LACCD is composed of nine comprehensive colleges and a District Office, which together employ approximately 2,200 classified (non-teaching) employees in 315 job classifications.