Foundation Account Coordinator - Job Description
The Giving Back Fund manages the philanthropic activities of dozens of donor advised funds, fiscally-sponsored projects, and nonprofit foundations.
The Giving Back Fund is currently seeking a full-time Foundation Account Coordinator to support our LA-based Foundation team.
- Provide general administrative support to the Foundation and Finance teams
- Facilitate payment requests and coordination between vendors, program team and clients ● Complete data input and reporting using donor management system
- Prepare thank you letter acknowledgements and tax receipts
- Review and organize email and social media queries
- Prepare content updates for foundation materials, websites and social media channels ● Support graphic design, printing and digital material needs
- Research and compile philanthropic and partnership opportunities, as well as, prospective corporations, individual donors and other funding opportunities for foundations(sponsorships, grants, etc.)
- Assist with letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Help create online and offline fundraising campaigns, in collaboration with our Foundation team and clients
- Assist with the coordination of various events, including meetings, live and silent auctions, creating, maintaining and managing registration lists and sponsors, collecting contributions onsite at the event and overall event troubleshooting
- Coordinate communications with volunteers, partner nonprofit organizations, corporate sponsors and vendors
- Provide event and meeting prep and set up
- Research and assist with travel arrangements
- Maintain digital and hard copy files as directed
- Organize and maintain files and storage room
- Other tasks as requested
- Excellent, clear and effective listening, oral and written communication skills ● Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Works well with a variety of individuals in teams and independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and identify priority tasks
- Skilled at working in high-paced environment, with high volume of tasks ● Quick learner to new and unfamiliar projects/tasks
- Adept at working effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Skilled at database management
- Knowledge with social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. ● Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Word, Excel andPowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM
- InDesign and graphic design experience is a plus
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's degree required
- One - two years’ work experience preferred, but not required
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with a salary range of $42,000-48,000 annually. GBF offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and a flexible spending account (FSA).
There is no relocation for this position. Candidates should live in the greater Los Angeles area. This position is full time, Monday through Friday, 8:30am -5:30pm. The Giving Back Fund staff is currently virtual but will resume working in office when it is deemed safe to do so. Our offices are located at 5757 W. Century Boulevard, Suite 410, LA, CA 90045.
The Giving Back Fund (GBF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, medical conditions, or any other legally protected status. GBF is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture.
How To Apply
Interested persons should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write Foundation Account Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.