CONGREGATION OF DIVINE PROVIDENCE
HOLY FAMILY HOME
JOB DESCRIPTION – DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICES
SUMMARY: The Director of Food Services is responsible for meeting the nutritional needs of the Sisters and coordinates food service for Holy Family Home and for Province events. The FSD is a hands-on position that manages food preparation, serving, and the purchase and inventory of food and supplies. The FSD is responsible for the training and supervision of the food service staff.
Qualifications: It is preferred that the Director of Food Services have an Associate degree in Dietary, Food Service Management, or a related field. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in food service and at least one-year supervisory experience is preferred. Experience in a residential and health care setting is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills: The Director of Food Services must have knowledge of current recommendation to meet the nutritional needs of aging adults. He/she must keep updated on all health and safety requirements. He/she must have personal integrity, flexibility, possess supervisory and management ability, and the ability to work effectively with staff, residents, the Holy Family Administrator, Department Directors and the leadership of the Sisters of Divine Providence.
Specific skills should include:
- Patience, tact, and open-mindedness when dealing with staff and residents.
- Adaptability and a sense of humor
- Cost consciousness, creativity, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Compassion and communication skills with disabled and elderly residents.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills with staff and outside providers.
- Responsible for following safety procedures.
- Plan and review menus and oversee preparation of nutritional, appetizing and varied meals.
- Collaborate with nursing staff to prepare special diets as medically needed.
- Review dietary requirements of each resident when she moves into Holy Family
- Periodically check equipment for its good and safe working order.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in food preparation, serving and storage areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a program to prevent communicable or infectious diseases.
- Responsible for providing safety training for all staff in the department.
- Perform all other assigned duties.
- Monitor inventory and purchased supplies.
- Maintain required records, receipts, etc.
- Work with the Administrator of Holy Family Home and the Provincial Treasurer to prepare the annual operational budget and a capital expenditure plan.
- Supervise, train and support food service staff.
- Schedule staff and job assignments
- Assess staffing needs; interview and hire/orient new staff as needed.
- Develop and update written job descriptions along with procedure manuals.
- Provide ongoing training programs and in-service opportunities for dietary staff.
- Ensure that staff follows established safety regulations in use of equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and discuss annual written evaluation with each member of the department.
- Work to assure good morale among staff by providing a pleasant work environment through regular team meetings where information is shared, and new ideas are solicited.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING: The Director of Food Services will keep updated professionally on topics which would improve his/her skills and services as Director.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Director of Food Services is responsible to the Administrator of Holy Family Home.
How To Apply
Please send resume to Barry White at email@example.com