Inspirica strives to end homelessness and housing insecurity by helping individuals and families achieve stability through support services and affordable housing. We are one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut and the largest in Fairfield County.
In FY21, we housed over 500 adults and children in 12 residential facilities, including emergency shelters, transitional, deeply affordable, and permanent supportive housing, and rapid rehousing. Our support services are similarly comprehensive and include vocational training, workforce education, job placement, housing placement, job & housing retention support, early childhood & parenting services, children's services, health care, counseling, case management, and more. Additionally, we provide direct access to mental health, psychiatric and dental care, and substance abuse treatment through a network of strategic partnerships.
We are a results oriented organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability, and mutual respect.
Inspirica’s Support Services (Early Childhood and Parenting Programs, Children’s Services, Jumpstart Career Program, and Housing Placements) wrap around our Residential Services to provide our clients with the critical resources they need to break the cycle of homelessness.
The Financial Coach will report to the Director of Career Services at Inspirica. They will work with Inspirica’s referrals to help improve their current financial status and credit rating to set a path towards long term financial stability.
• Perform assessments on program participants financial needs.
• Facilitate financial literacy workshops for and identify community volunteers to present supplemental educational information.
• Provide individual coaching sessions with focuses on debt management, financial planning and budgeting, credit repair and credit building
• Provide referrals to outside programs as needed.
• Maintain program metrics to Director of Career Services
• Attend trainings and certifications as required for program compliance.
• Participant in integration meetings across Inspirica’s programs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Financial Coach Certification
• Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Preferred
• 1 year of financial coaching experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Adherence to Inspirica’s core values
• Strict confidentiality concerning resident’s personal information
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exudes a personable, engaging, supportive, and encouraging energy to residents and staff
Candidates should submit resume and cover letter in WORD FORMAT, by e-mail with “Financial Coach ” in the subject line to: search@InspiricaCT.org
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, disability, race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related handicap, or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their resume in Word Format by email with Financial Coach" in subject line to: